UKC

Litter louts - what would you do?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Removed User 24 Jan 2013
YR60 PXA, Red Golf GTD, 1545 hours today, drove past Whinlatter Mountain Bike Centre, litter out of his car window just after Masmill Bridge, then more litter just at the A66 junction before he turned north towards Cockermouth.
 Kimono 24 Jan 2013
In reply to Removed User:
well, i'd post his details on UKC and sit back waiting for the climbers fight-back to begin
Removed User 24 Jan 2013

Well I'd like to follow him home, and then quietly walk up behind the litter lout when he gets out the car and Tazer him, then just quietly walk away.

I'm not necessarily an aggresive person, I only said I'd 'like to'.

Trangia 24 Jan 2013

Report it to the police? After it is a law which has been broken and if the police won't follow it up it makes the law a nonsense. If they say they are too busy take it to the PCC or your local MP? There is no point in having laws if no one enforces them....
 Ridge 24 Jan 2013
If he's local to the area it's only a matter of time before I see it driving around or parked up, I'll be sure to give karma a helping hand
redsonja 24 Jan 2013
In reply to Trangia: i agree. the police will probably just faff about but you could try being very insistent. you have a good description of the car so they cant really say there is nothing they could do. dropping litter is disgusting
 Tom Valentine 24 Jan 2013

They're all over the place. A lot of them set off sky lanterns and pretend they're not the same.
In reply to Removed User: Kill em all, I say, kill em all!!!!
 xplorer 24 Jan 2013

I know what I'd do with "litter lout moaners" tell them get a life and move on
 deepsoup 24 Jan 2013
In reply to xplorer:
> get a life

A full and exciting life as a "litter lout moaner" moaner?
 Tom Valentine 24 Jan 2013
In reply to xplorer:

I've got some mates with white vans, pickups and caravans. They could probably make it to your street in an hour and a half. They'll probably move on sometime next week.
 Timmd 24 Jan 2013
In reply to Tom Valentine:
> (In reply to climber666)
>
> They're all over the place. A lot of them set off sky lanterns and pretend they're not the same.

+1
 xplorer 24 Jan 2013

I often find your "mates" reflect on your own character
 xplorer 24 Jan 2013
In reply to chicken soup

A full and exciting life as a "litter lout moaner" moaner? ..... Moaner???
 Pekkie 24 Jan 2013
In reply to xplorer:
> (In reply to climber666)
>
> 'I know what I'd do with "litter lout moaners" tell them get a life and move on'

So what you're saying is that there's nothing wrong with being a litter lout? This is just a stab in the dark but you might be one yourself?

Tom Valentine 25 Jan 2013
In reply to xplorer:

I disagree. I am upset by the mere launching of a sky lantern, yet most of my mates think I am being a bit too precious about the subject. It doesn't stop them being mates.
 Dauphin 25 Jan 2013

shoot him in the face

d
In reply to Removed User: It depends, if you are big enough and self confident enough. I’d pick up the litter, then next time I saw him I’d tap on his window and drop it all back in his lap.

Done that in the past.
 xplorer 25 Jan 2013
In reply to Pekkie:

No no. Please detail in 1000 words how you made that terrible assumption
 xplorer 25 Jan 2013

Are you happy that your mates live in vans
Pinged 25 Jan 2013

they dont care what we think so i tend to just pick it up and bin it. getting frustrated about it solves nowt. getting violent is worse than dropping litter. but having said that shooting them in the face sounds like fun. as long as we pick the discarded shells up.
 Tony the Blade 25 Jan 2013

I do wonder about this. At first I thought it was just young 'uns and their general lack of caring about the bigger picture. I also think that we grew up with the 'Keep Britain Tidy' drive that somehow lodged itself into our brains - good advertising? But the more I see littering I realise it's all ages. Especially, and I've said this before so at the risk of sounding boring will say it again, especially people discarding fag butts. I don't mean the knobhead that empties his ashtray in the car park, I mean the 99% of smokers that just toss their dog end into the gutter - It has to go somewhere people!

There's also something about being in the McDonald's era... The majority of discarded rubbish lining country lanes near towns is McD's bags and beakers. This isn't McD's fault, it's the people that choose to shop there. McD's even send out litter pickers as they realise that its a poor advert for them.
 digby 25 Jan 2013
In reply to Tony the Blade:

> The majority of discarded rubbish lining country lanes near towns is McD's bags and beakers.

Round here it's Tennants cans and the occasional Red Bull can. About every 2 metres in every rural hedgerow regardless of distance from civilisation.

There used to be nice parking spots by a local reservoir but after a relentless campaign of dumping the remnants by chavs out in their cars with a McDonalds big concrete posts were erected to keep everyone out.

I f*****g hate the b******s
 Cú Chullain 25 Jan 2013

You have to be careful when confronting litter louts as it is very rare that they realise the error of the their ways when challenged. Numerous times when out running I have asked people (mostly teenagers) to pick up after them and I have been rewarded with a "f*ck off". The most scary incident was when a transit van driver lobbed a bag of Maccie D leftovers out the window infront of me while I was on my bike. I picked up the bag and threw it back in the window at the next set of lights, this resulted in me being chased round the streets by the super irate driver who wanted to run me over or beat the shit out of me.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...