UKC

LX7 vs G15

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Richard Carter 25 Jan 2013
A lizard destroyed my compact camera (S95) and so I need to buy a new one and have narrowed it down to these two, anyone have any strong opinions either way? Probably go with the LX7 at the moment as it's only £240 versus £290, but I'm open to being convinced otherwise!

John 25 Jan 2013
In reply to Richard Carter:

Im finding the LX7 noisy. Might be ive just got used to M4/3s. But i dont remember my LX3 been so noisey.
 d_b 25 Jan 2013
In reply to John:

At what ISO? You don't have auto switched on do you?

I still use an LX3, and find the noise is fine up to ISO 200 but goes to crap from 400 up. Barely useable at ISO 800.

I haven't used an LX7, but from what I have seen of other cameras I would expect a significant improvement by now.
 ChrisJD 25 Jan 2013

It's more money, but the Sony Rx100 is meant to be the compact of the moment (well, apart from the Sony RX-1!)
 Cobbler 25 Jan 2013
I can't help you with your camera choice but I am intrigued by "A LIZARD destroyed..."
 d_b 25 Jan 2013
In reply to Cobbler:

Obviously something like this

youtube.com/watch?v=o7gFlSGXt_k&
 John 25 Jan 2013
In reply to davidbeynon:

ISO 80 and 100, full auto. Film mode: NR-2. Theres noise in the midtones. But like i say, ive been using a M4/3 (GH1) for awhile and snice i last used my LX3 ive got into post alot more. Maybe ive got fussy. Also the buttons have got cheeper, the menu is slow and the time lapes fuctions suck. Ive broke my LX3, i might get another. Or try a Sony?

I've a totally mint G11, with leather case, and three batteries. Make me an offer around £170.
In reply to ChrisJD:

It's almost £200 more than the LX7 so I wasn't really looking at that :-P
In reply to Cobbler:

LOL, well it's nothing too exciting, my own fault really. While crouching to get good look at a centipede, a lizard jumped on my face. In my suprise I dropped my little compact and it landed lens first.

Anyway found the LX7 for £230 so went with the cheap option in the end!
In reply to Dispater:

Sorry bought the camera before I saw your post. Also I wanted a compact with a wide aperture if possible.
 Bimble 26 Jan 2013
> (In reply to NeilMac)
>
> While crouching to get good look at a centipede, a lizard jumped on my face.

That's going to be written on list on the wall of a cubicle at your insurance company somewhere for the 'best reasons ever'.
 d_b 28 Jan 2013
> (In reply to NeilMac)
>
> While crouching to get good look at a centipede, a lizard jumped on my face.

What kind of centipede? Arthropod or human?
In reply to davidbeynon:

The poisonous arthropod type

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...