/ Two books in one week.. I'm on a roll

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
The Lemming - on 25 Jan 2013
I think that I have doubled my book buying skills compared to last year. I've just took possession of 'Turn left at Orion'.

There isn't much of a plot and the book is mostly pictures, diagrams and maps but I'm excited. :-)

Any Bookworms found or received any gems this year to fill the gaps between their ears?
ThunderCat - on 25 Jan 2013
In reply to The Lemming:

I just went through Neil Gaimans "Fragile Things". Love it. Found my favourite short story from it on line a little while ago to send to a mate.

http://holdinghandswithhades.edublogs.org/seven-deadly-sins-part-7-the-others-by-neil-gaiman/

Bjartur i Sumarhus on 25 Jan 2013
In reply to The Lemming: Yes, Harrison by Jonathan Betts. An excellent, concise book (with pictures yay!) about Harrison, his clocks and the longitude problem. Highly recommended.
In reply to The Lemming: You'll be needing new felt tips after you've finished those two...
Philip on 25 Jan 2013
I'm trying to read a Susan Hill murder mystery but it's like pulling teeth. Been at it on and off since Christmas.
The Lemming - on 25 Jan 2013
In reply to Submit to Gravity:

Sadly I am not allowed sharp things to play with or felt tip pens for similar obvious reasons.

:-0
In reply to The Lemming: Silly me )))
bullybones - on 25 Jan 2013
In reply to The Lemming:
If you don't mind 1930s stuff:
Damon Runyan - On Broadway. Scurrilous short stories about booze, dough and dolls, most amusing.
Ayn Rand - We the Living. Individualistic novel set against the crushing regime in post-revolution Russia. Educational as well as rollercoasting.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.