UKC

Split tips

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 kwoods 26 Jan 2013
First a disclaimer! The search is full of logbook comments or superglue discussions. Surprised there wasn't more discussion. Just wanted to hear how long it took people tips to heal. Mine's been taped up and treated v. carefully since it split yesterday (24th). It's doing pretty well, closed up but still a lot of marks and not doubt still very fragile. Not that I'm going to test it! I want it to heal as well a possible and hell I'm not going near it with superglue. How long have people waited for it to totally close up and get back to normal?
 cha1n 26 Jan 2013
In reply to kwoods:

When you say split, has the skin cracked and split? I've never had that happen but I regularly go through my tips due to rough grit wearing them down until they bleed.

After a rest day after I just tape them up and climb on them again, I don't necessarily get anything productive done because climbing in tape is a pain, it can take up to a week for there to be no trace of the tip going through (I generally heal quite slowly though).
OP kwoods 26 Jan 2013
Thanks. Yeah it's not cracked, a sharp crimp kept peeling it back. Then a wee cut appeared along the grain of the skin.
 Beardyman 26 Jan 2013
In reply to kwoods: I really bad split, where you are more then just through the top layers of skin, about 2 weeks to heal properly, about 1 week rest followed by climbing with tape on...
 Beardyman 26 Jan 2013
In reply to kwoods:As bad as this?

vimeo.com/30854502
OP kwoods 26 Jan 2013
In reply to Beardyman: Ouch! Ya... not as bad as that

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...