Destinations forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Recommended 6a to 6b problems in Fontainebleau (not slabs)

teapot - on 26 Jan 2013
Also not classic Font sandbags

I am taking 6 students to Bleau this Easter. For 3 of them this is their second trip and for one this is his 3rd.

Over the years I have climbed a lot of problems in this range in the forest, but always as part of circuits and while many were fantastic have no idea of locations or names.

For most of the trip I get the lads to focus on getting loads of problems done as part of curcuits. However some of them managed to do a few low 6's last year (a few at Elephant, Le John Gill & Science Friction at Apremont and that classic rockover 6b at Cuvier, kind of opposite Cortomaltese.

But I have given it some thought this morning and can't think of any others to point them towards. They generally are better on overhanging rock with positive holds.

So any good suggestions? Like most of us they like achieving the next grade! With 4 days solid bouldering (wishful thinking), I don't want them having loads of goes on nasty vertical walls on small skin destroying holds and there is not a hope in hell of them getting up 6b Font slabs.

All recommendations much appreciated.
... not showing 27 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums