Skiing forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Ski Touring boots

PHILD - on 26 Jan 2013
Hi,

Does anyone know of a roomy touring boot, that would still be useful for all other skiing. I don't do that much touring yet to warrant a super lightweight touring boot.
I am 90kg so I need a reasonable amount of stiffness.
I take a size 25.5 or 26. I have a high volume foot and issues with nerves and tendons and experience varying amounts of trouble in all footwear.
I need a boot with high instep volume and a last width of at least 100mm or after 5 or 10 mins my feet are going numb.
All of the normal piste boots in a 25.5 I have tried are no good. I tried a Scarpa Maestrale Touring boot in a 26 and as soon as the clog was closed on the loosest setting it was fantastically tight and my feet started going numb instantly!!
Has anyone any experience of the Dalbello Sherpa 5/5I.D. I would be interested to see if the Cabrio 3-piece technology is better suited to my foot.

Any help or advice anyone can offer me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Phil
... not showing 11 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums