/ Numb toes from B3

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
weefish - on 27 Jan 2013
I've been working on a ski hill and wearing my B3 boots for 8hrs a day 5 days a week.

These are great apart from i am experiencing some lose of sensation in the big toes on each foot. The boots have never given me problems before but i havent had to wear them for such extended periods of time before.

There is plenty of room in the toe box and i spend most of my time staying around rather than kicking steps and the like. I've also recently be actively wagling my toes when i remember to increase circulation. I have also tried tying them tight, loose, loose over my instep and some other combos

Anyone ever had similar?
NottsRich on 27 Jan 2013
In reply to weefish: Yeh, me too. Last weekend for the first time. I noticed it wearing ski boots a few days later too. Not sure why though, but the numbness has gone away completely now. I'll keep an eye on it.
mcdougal - on 27 Jan 2013
In reply to weefish:

I've had the same numb sensation after a week walking the SWCP. With me it lasted months and caused me some concern. After a time however the sensation went away of it's own accord. I've walked similar length stages in different boots since then with no problem so I put it down to slightly imperfectly fitting boots.
Muel - on 27 Jan 2013
In reply to weefish: Sure your toes aren't just getting cold?
WILLS - on 27 Jan 2013
In reply to weefish: Most of the time it is the fit of the boot/sock. If they are too tight they tend to restrict the blood flow around the foot. notice the veins on top of your foot? Try wearing your boots a little in the house before going climbing or skiing in them to get the foam inside to form around your feet. If, like mine, your boots spend most of their time sat inside a wardrobe they tend to relax back to their original size/shape. Especially rock shoes... ouch! Or walk in with slightly loose laces/bindings, then before climbing or skiing tighten them up. On long multi pitch routes loosen at the belay and tighten before climbing again if your still having numbness maybe try a different boot.
ads.ukclimbing.com
Crimpchimp - on 27 Jan 2013
In reply to WILLS: Don whillans climbed everest without socks to prove that too much insulation and too tighter boot will cut off the circulation and make yer feet cold.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.