/ Steepest continuous walks/runs in London (for fitness)?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
OneLifeOneHeart - on 27 Jan 2013
I thought that others who live in London might also do some general fitness training when not in the Himalayas, so I wanted to hear what you would consider the steepest walks/runs in/around town.

I find it useful to walk brisk up and down Parliament Hill in London as well as one of the hills in Greenwich Park (just west to the hill where the Royal Observatory is).

Are there any other good places for fitness walks/runs?
JLS on 27 Jan 2013
In reply to OneLifeOneHeart:

The stairs in the Shard?
Sam_in_Leeds - on 27 Jan 2013
In reply to JLS:

Or slightly cheaper, you could run up the stairs up "monument" in the city of london maybe?
Cú Chullain - on 27 Jan 2013

I live in Barnes, west London so the only hills near me are Richmond Hill and the one in Richmond Park. When marathon training I do my hill sprints there. If you have the time and a car get yourself down to Dorking and scramble up and down Box Hill, you will be breathing out your arse soon enough.
AlasdairM on 27 Jan 2013
In reply to OneLifeOneHeart: Covent Garden tube stairs.
Orgsm on 27 Jan 2013

Mill hill area, north east London
Chris Harris - on 27 Jan 2013

You can run up a "down" escalator for the whole day if you fancy.
mloskot - on 27 Jan 2013
In reply to OneLifeOneHeart: Highgate Hill
rockstoned on 28 Jan 2013
In reply to OneLifeOneHeart: the area that served me well was running all the way through Parliament Hill, and around various sections of Sandy Heath West Heath and Kenwood. Really nice running through woodland with various climbs. Kept me fit.
ena sharples - on 28 Jan 2013
In reply to mloskot: another vote for Highgate-start from holloway tube and go up till you reach Highgate village. This will be fully entertaining.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.