UKC

Ski clubs

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 daniel baker 27 Jan 2013
Hi all after some advice again pls,my 13 year old son is desperate to start competing in skiing, he's been skiing since he was 6 and is of a good very good standard.
Problem we have is I don't know of any ski clubs that accommodate for racing. As we live in Kent we do seem to be restricted
Any thoughts would be helpfull cheers
In reply to daniel baker:

I don't think there is any other way than to go abroad to one of the skiing countries, e.g., France, Switzerland, Austria or the US. That is going to be very pricey for the odd week here and the odd week there. If he could go for an entire season, he would be able to get season passes (which are vastly better value) and become properly imbedded in a ski racing school. These are generally run to a very strict regimen that makes it quite hard to drop in and out. Has the British Ski Association (or whatever it is called) any useful advice?
Rick Patterson 27 Jan 2013

www.lsersa.org/index.html#clubs

Chatham or Aldershot look like your best bet
 Matt250 28 Jan 2013
In reply to daniel baker: The best place to look is your local dry ski slope or indoor slope and see what the associated club is like. Most will have a race club associated with them and there's plenty of well established race series in the UK for all ages. There's definitely a few drysopes in Kent so start with them. One of my friends used to ski for Sandown (I think they're more in greater London) and they were always a pretty decent club. There's a dryslope next to Bowles Rocks too so you could go and get a few routes in while your lad's skiing.

Racing in the UK's obviously a bit limited but it still makes a really solid base for your technique which transfers to other aspects of skiing, and it's pretty competitive too.
 Trangia 28 Jan 2013

Have you tried Bowles?

If you live in Kent they can't be too far from you?

http://www.bowlesskiracingclub.org.uk/

Hope this helps
 Bootsy 28 Jan 2013
In reply to daniel baker: There's a search tool on Snowsport England that may be of use: http://www.snowsportengland.org.uk/find

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...