UKC

Needing abit of climbing advice..

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
JadePatricia--x 27 Jan 2013
Okay, so ive been bouldering now for 1-3 year, not sure how long exactly.

this last week i have been debating about trying outdoor rope climbing, but of course ill be climbing in groups, till i get my confidence, obviously ill need a harness and a helmet, no doubt about that, but the advice im needing is...

for a first time rope climber, so i need a certain kind of harness, or can you use any kind of harness etc, and how do you know the harness is the right one for you, and are harness' a one size item, for e.g will every harness fit you etc?

Hope you all understand where im coming through

- thanks
 LaMentalist 27 Jan 2013
In reply to JadePatricia--x:

www.ukclimbing.com/gear/review.php?id=4476

Have a look at the link above ( scroll down for specific info re: womens ) its worth reading all of it though .

hth .

at the top right of the forums page you should see a search function ( button ) these sorts of questions come up quite often so always worth a quick look there initially . Happy climbing .
 Fluvial 27 Jan 2013
In reply to JadePatricia--x:

A Harness is a harness there are various types for different climbing styles. Light weight alpine ones to more traditional ones. You will need to try one on as they do come in different sizes. Basics like these are fine

http://www.needlesports.com/Catalogue/Rock-Climbing-Equipment/Harnesses/Ins...

Or go for something a little more sophisticated like this

http://www.needlesports.com/Catalogue/Rock-Climbing-Equipment/Harnesses/Cra...

Get advice but don't waste money if you are not oing to use it. Saying that I have started climbing with a guy who has got me back into trad so my harness has been dusted down

Beardyman 27 Jan 2013
In reply to JadePatricia--x: You could just borrow one from a mate so you can try out roped climbing. Most climbers I know have an old harness kicking about. I have an old one I use for dragging beginners up things occasionally.
In reply to Beardyman: Really, would you not mind if i can borrow it, this would be extremely helpful, because i dont want to fork out too much money incase it doesnt reach my expetations .
In reply to LaMentalist:
thanks alot for your advice, ill take a look at that link, and thanks for filling me in with the search option, im new to the forum so i didnt realise you could do that, thanks alot!.

Its good your getting back into it!

Jade
In reply to Fluvial: Thanks alot for taking your time to helping me out, ill check out thoose links tonight, if not then tomorrow, but ill be reading up on the websites etc to see what else i may need to know , im kind of looking forward to getting into rope climbing, as i can travel to climbing centres around my area, and try out their rock climbing routes, as well as bouldering .

Jade
 ERU 28 Jan 2013
To the OP ... now might be the time to have a bit reflection time with yourself. Is it worth all this hassle to setup some sort of hoax?

To the Mods. Is there any chance we can start doing some sort of IP / MAC address search before people now register here. Just to eliminate the clones?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...