UKC

Exped Mountain Pro 40 - Mountain Factor Bargain

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 The New NickB 28 Jan 2013
If you are a fan of this sac, which I am, this is a real bargain!

http://www.themountainfactor.com/shop/product.php?xProd=27453
 chris_s 28 Jan 2013
In reply to The New NickB:

Seconded, great pack. Probably the most comfortable and faff-free sack I've ever owned.
 Darkskys 28 Jan 2013
In reply to The New NickB: whats the back length on them like? They look pretty awesome!
 chris_s 28 Jan 2013
In reply to Darkskys:

I've only ever seen the medium back length for sale. I'm 6ft and it fits me perfectly.
 iksander 28 Jan 2013
In reply to chris_s: Good pack - agree but they should have reinforced the base, it's just a double layer of thin dry bag material seperated by some thin foam. I punctured mine first outing, don't dump it down when full on to sharp rocks... Also the lid doesn't float, so interferes with a helmet when over stuffed. And the shoulder straps twist and the sternum strap undoes itself. Other than that great sac - light, really well balanced for climbing and waterproof of course. I'm 6' 3" and regular back size is OK for me
 flaneur 28 Jan 2013
In reply to The New NickB:

Nick and Chris, it's not obvious from the specs. I've read online but would this count as hand luggage for sleazyjet purposes?
OP The New NickB 28 Jan 2013
In reply to chris_s:

I have also got a medium, fits me (5'9").
 chris_s 28 Jan 2013
In reply to iksander:

Mine has a reinforced base - newer model perhaps? Have to say, I haven't found issues with the shoulder straps or sternum strap yet either.

I use mine mainly for winter climbing in Scotland and find that when the pack is mostly empty on the route the lid tucks nicely into the pack with the drawcord pulled tight and the cordgrip locked under the haul loop. This creates a really compact sack and gives you plenty of headroom. See pic about halfway down this page... http://www.alexroddie.com/2013/01/bbc-out-of-doors-interview-on-location.ht...
 chris_s 28 Jan 2013
In reply to flaneur:

I think you'd be pushing it if the sack was fully packed.
 Darkskys 28 Jan 2013
In reply to The New NickB: I'm trying to weigh up wether or not its worth buying this bag?

I've got a Black Ice atm and I'm under the impression there both the same size-ish and quality wise just as good as each other.

Can someone save me £77 and give me a bit of advice or shall I take the plunge?
 iksander 28 Jan 2013
In reply to Darkskys: Do you really need a new and different pack?
 Darkskys 28 Jan 2013
In reply to iksander: I've been after a 30/40 litre sack since I got rid of my Mutant last year...so yes but at the same time no, as I've got the Black Ice.

It's just at that price its a cracking offer!
 chris_s 28 Jan 2013
In reply to Darkskys:

I bought mine to replace a Mutant and it's miles better. However, I probably wouldn't have bought one if I already had a Black Ice.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...