UKC

Getting songs stuck in your head

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Reach>Talent 28 Jan 2013
I've got Kevin Bloody Wilson "I wanna be a builder when I grow up" stuck in my head. I really hope I don't end up distractedly singing it.

What was the last song you got stuck in your head?
 Mikkel 28 Jan 2013
In reply to Reach>Talent:

Theme tune from Pingo.

and Nephews Hjertestarter.
 tehmarks 28 Jan 2013

Devin Townsend Band - Vampira ( youtube.com/watch?v=esC-cvf8ivA& )

It was used in a show I was working with for two months, and is just good and catchy.
 Queenie 28 Jan 2013

This happens with annoying frequency, and it's triggered by Heart and Radio 1 at work repeatedly battering my senses with catchy, trashy tunes. The effects often linger for hours, sometimes even tormenting me during sleep.
Latest earworms I've suffered:

Kiss You - One Direction:
Call Me Maybe - Carly Rae Jepsen
Maroon 5 - Payphone

Bastards
 Nathan Adam 28 Jan 2013
In reply to Reach>Talent: that stupid thing about £1 fish or something. But recently its been Ian Brown - Time is my Everything, which I don't mind because its actually a good song for a change.
 Andúril 28 Jan 2013

At the moment it's 'Young Lust' by Pink Floyd. Not too bad at all.
 Jay81 28 Jan 2013
In reply to Reach>Talent: Elvis Costello and the Attractions...

youtube.com/watch?v=Gj-CPouUAWo&

I find listening to it repeatedly helps.
 Blue Straggler 28 Jan 2013

Promise for Thomas by Monica Queen even though I have not heard it for a month or so and it's 11 years old
OP Reach>Talent 28 Jan 2013
I have given in and am now listening to lots of Kevin Wilson on youtube this has lead to the invention of an exciting game "Trying to write very dry technical reports while listening to an extremely sweary Aussie" so far I have accidentally written "marriage" instead of "manufacturing" once and typed "f**k" on at least one occasion. If I get fired I'm going to sue him
 Doug 28 Jan 2013
In reply to Reach>Talent: On a trip to N Wales many years ago, a friend kept singing the title line (& just that line) from 'video killed the radio star' repeatedly, for a week.

Even 25 years later I can't hear the song without thinking of him & that week, or see a photo of him without having that line appear in my head.

Guess it could of been worse...
Pinged 28 Jan 2013
In reply to Doug:

Your post reminds me of a chap i worked with years ago (I was a student earning beer money on a production line in a paper factory)and he, all day every day used to sing (from 'Livin' Doll'):

"Got myself a..."

And then stop.

He'd repeat this every 15-20 mins all day, everyday.
OP Reach>Talent 28 Jan 2013
In reply to Pinged:
I went to school with a chap who despite being generally quite intelligent had a complete mental block on remembering words to songs, which wouldn't have been a problem if he didn't sing to himself almost constantly. You'd get one line from a song then 2 minutes of humming foolowed by the same one line and the humming would start again. He also used to occasionally puctuate sentences with random noises that made him sound like Clunk from Catch the Pigeon.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...