UKC

Good B&B in Fort William?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
I haven't stayed in FW for a while so I was after some recent experience from the knowledgeable UKC collective before I scour Trip Advisor. Not looking for bargain basement but a good value B&B in FW. Somewhere with good scoff, roaring fires and real ale would be high on my list. Any top recommends?

In reply to Johnny_Grunwald: Bump
 stoneback 28 Jan 2013
In reply to Johnny_Grunwald:

I recently stayed at myrtle bank B&B which is on the main road in to town. It was a really good room and a quality breakfast which they did at 7am for me so I could get out climbing. Also did me a packed lunch for the day and a hot flask! Two nights, two fry ups and two packed lunches for £80. Personally I think that's spot on. Who wants a flee pit after a mammoth day in the mountains!

Have a good one!
 thommi 28 Jan 2013
In reply to Johnny_Grunwald: aonghas grant's B&b in fort William is fantastic. Very lovely people he and his wife, and of course his wonderful music adds to the charm. Can't for the life of me remember what their B&b is called now though (its been a few years). Anyone help? Tom.
In reply to Johnny_Grunwald: Thanks for those. Im going to google them and see what I can find out. Thks again
 Scott Kirkhope 28 Jan 2013
In reply to thommi: Guisachan B&B in the town centre seems to be a good one. They do an early breakfast, will dry your kit for you and it is less than a 5 min walk to the high st for drinks and food. Not stayed there myself, I have just picked up lots of happy guests from there.
 bluebealach 28 Jan 2013
In reply to stoneback: A plus one for the Myrtle Bank. Excellent breakfasts and very clean.

There was a bit of negative in that they wanted to put me in the single ground floor room complete with the drumming of the hotels central heating system or something. They did move me on request but they weren't happy!!!
 AlH 28 Jan 2013
In reply to Scott Kirkhope: Plus one for Guisachan, helpful and climber friendly!

More thanks for the suggestions. Getting spoilt for choice now
Graeme G 29 Jan 2013

Can't remember but there's one up the hill ran by an elderly lady (Sadie I think). Basic and cheap, breakfast is just cereal. However you go just to meet Sadie, she's brilliant! A rwal experience.

Bunkhouse gave us the number.
Graeme G 29 Jan 2013
In reply to Father Noel Furlong:

Ooops meant "can't remember the number"
 Stephi 30 Jan 2013
If you don't mind driving a few minutes, there is an amazing (but not cheap) B&B in Spean Bridge: www.speanlodge.co.uk
Stayed there over New Year, rooms are great,the breakfast is really good and they have a guest lounge with a fireplace!
Graeme G 30 Jan 2013

Found it! It doesn't have anything you want however it has Sadie!!!,

21 Alma Road 01397 702414

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...