UKC

building a wall

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 JamesMortimer4 28 Jan 2013
I'm looking to build a small wall in my garage for bouldering/tooling and before I begin I was just going to ask if anyone has any tips. Particularly do you think it would be okay just to use expansion bolts or should I use some sort of resin or glue?
 Reach>Talent 28 Jan 2013
In reply to JamesMortimer4:
Hi, what sort of wall are you planning? What is your garage made of?
 Oceanrower 28 Jan 2013
In reply to JamesMortimer4: depends really on what you're bolting into. Personally, I prefer 'Thunderbolts' (tm)* as, rather than expanding they cut a thread into the concrete or brick and so lessening the chances of it blowing.

* Other similar products are (probably) available. I've used a similar thing before from Screwfix but they were nowhere near as good.
In reply to JamesMortimer4: i'm planning a vertical panel up the wall and then another panel hung from the beams in my garage. and i think the garage is made from sandstone blocks. thanks for the replies
 David Coley 28 Jan 2013
In reply to JamesMortimer4: Have a look at the photo on my profile. Let me know if you want more details
In reply to JamesMortimer4: Your wall looks seriously impressive David. How did you attach it to the wall?
 WILLS 29 Jan 2013
In reply to JamesMortimer4: just use frame fixings for the 4x2. They'll hold it to the wall. What angle you going for ?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...