UKC

Martin Moran courses

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Rock Badger 28 Jan 2013
Just wondering if anyone has any experience of the courses ran here, was looking at introductory winter climber course, sounds really good but is the cost worth it.
cheers count
 Gav Parker 28 Jan 2013
In reply to count:

I had a week with Martin in the alps everything was spot on...
 donrobson 28 Jan 2013
In reply to count: 20 years since I did the introductory course with Martin Moran - good base good guiding and instruction - very enjoyable
Removed User 29 Jan 2013
In reply to count: did three courses with them-last one advanced ice climbing in 97-very good-not cheap but quality never is. You will learn a stack of essential knowledge.
 fire_munki 29 Jan 2013
In reply to count:
I went with him last year and had a great time, will prob be going again next year.
I too did the intro to winter climbing, food was great and plenty of it (always important in my opinion!) chalet was nice and the company was good too.
The guides change, but Ken Applegate if he's guiding was good and taught me some tricks for summer work too.

Only thing they couldn't rustle up was lots of snow last year but that's not exactly something anyone can fix apart from Santa maybe!
redsonja 29 Jan 2013
In reply to count: my friend has done a few courses with him. says he is first class. she is VERY safe so has obviously been well taught!
 SNC 29 Jan 2013
In reply to donrobson:
And about the same number of years ago, I did a Winter Mountaineering week with him - same comments, learnt a lot. It worked out as one day with Martin, two days with Victor Saunders, and two days with Andy Nisbet - so you weren't going to get better than that. I'd expect Martin to have the same high standards 20 years on.
 rosco89 29 Jan 2013
The guys a legend, 1st class climber and guide.....wherever you climb!
OP Rock Badger 29 Jan 2013
In reply to count: Sweet, good comments, might see if i can scrape the time and cash together, feel like i need to do a course to safely and competently climb in winter, get the confidence up and hopefully not get cragfast somewhere cold and wet
 pepperpot 29 Jan 2013
In reply to Gav Parker:
> (In reply to count)
>
> I had a week with Martin in the alps everything was spot on...

Very much ditto to this

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...