UKC

evolv geshido

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 nickedmo 28 Jan 2013
After two year of climbing in a pair of "beginner shoes" and then trying on every shoe in the shop, I finally decided, in August of 2012 to buy a pair of evolv geshido. they have a great pair of shoes but just after Christmas I noticed that the rubber on the toe of the left shoe had worn though, as I only climb about once a week, I thought that it had worn though a little bit quick for a pair of 100 pound shoes.

just woundered, has anyone else had this experience with the geshidos or any other shoes and what are your thoughts

Adam Lincoln 28 Jan 2013
In reply to nickedmo:

5 months seems reasonable for a pair of climbing shoes to me. If its one side maybe you are dragging one foot up the panel of the wall, causing excessive wear. Strange its just one shoe.
OP nickedmo 28 Jan 2013
In reply to Adam Lincoln: yeah not to sure about the dragging foot thing, could be, need someone to spy on my climbing but it never happened with my old shoes, its as if there has been a bubble in the rubber or something bit weird really ha.
 GPN 28 Jan 2013
In reply to nickedmo:
I'm afraid that with a few exceptions the cost of a rock shoe is inversly proportional to its durability. I'd say that the current line up of Evolv shoes (again with a few exceptions) are of above average hard wearingness. Have a close look at (or get somebody else to) your footwork - chances are you're dragging your toes up or down the rock/wall at some point. Sorry if that's not what you wanted to hear!
OP nickedmo 28 Jan 2013
In reply to GPN: cheers for your comment, starting to think it may be my foot work as a few people have said this haha
 Styx 28 Jan 2013
Sounds like a footwork thing to me too but it could be down to a defect as well, it happens with all brands every now and then!

Rather than binning them you might want to contact Torquil at Llanberis Resoles who should be able to patch them up for you as good as new.

http://www.llanberisresoles.com/
OP nickedmo 28 Jan 2013
In reply to Styx: cheers for the help guys gona have to get to work on my feet buy the sound of it, recon i'll send them for a resole as they have just brocken in nice. thanks
 GridNorth 29 Jan 2013
In reply to nickedmo: I had a pair of Evolve Pontas which wore through the toe and rand quicker than any other shoe that I have ever owned and believe me when I say I have owned a lot of shoes/boots over the years. They also lost any rigidity that they may have had. Personally I wouldn't buy Evolve boots again, thats how bad they were.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...