UKC

Gait analysis and road shoes in the London/Essex area

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 jbrom 28 Jan 2013
Hi,

I have just found out I have a sponsored place for the London Marathon this year. At the moment nearly all my running is off road, for which I run in Salomon XA pro 3D's which are great.

I now need to up the amount of running I do on the road to get used to pounding the pavement and therefore need to get some road shoes. I figured it would probably be a good idea to get a gait analysis done and buy shoes that suit my running.

I was wondering if anybody had any recommendations for places with a good range of shoes that will perform a gait analysis. I am aware of Sweatshop but didn't know if there were any hidden gems around that people would be happy to recommend.

One extra note, my budget isn't huge, hence why I am after a shop with a large range as I am not sure I could afford super exclusive running shop prices.

Thanks
 Darkskys 28 Jan 2013
In reply to jbrom: have a read here before hand pal,gait analysis it was brought up today

http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?t=536332&v=1#x7195146

Hope you enjoy the training
OP jbrom 28 Jan 2013
In reply to jbrom:

Thanks guys, that thread had managed to pass me by, sorry for the slight repetition.

The comments on gait analysis are interesting, it's not something I have ever considered, I tend to just get on with the running side of things. I have no idea whether I over or under pronate, but the Salomons seem to suit.

Even if I dismiss the gait analysis I am still looking for any recommendations on good shops in the London/Essex area.
 Steve John B 29 Jan 2013
In reply to jbrom: Run & Become (near Victoria) was good when I last went there. Has been going 30+ years so they must be doing something right.

They seemed to rely on knowledge and experience rather than misinterpreting what they'd seen on a treadmill-cam

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...