UKC

Tenerife Video + Fall!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 BALD EAGLE 29 Jan 2013
Afternoon Amigos
Looking for some great winter rock climbing in the sun + 22C heat in a superb setting? Well having recently got back for a New Year trip to Tenerife, my posse and I managed to visit 3 of the best climbing venue’s (La Catedral, Las Canadas and Arico Gorge) on this wonderful Canary Island. New crag and route development is developing at a pace and there is more than enough climbing to fill a week or 3. Anyway the entertainment was duly recorded so for anyone interested in viewing a short HD film, including quite an impressive fall, of this memorable trip then please use the following link. All constructive feedback welcome and hopefully it will inspire a few folks to go and visit this wonderful sun-kissed island!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4-bJWAJ-HE&feature=youtu.be
If you wish to sample the full High Def experience and your computer has enough va va voom, you should be able to change the "Quality" icon to at least 720p HD in the bottom right hand corner on the You Tube screen.
Cheers Dave
 Cobbler 29 Jan 2013
In reply to BALD EAGLE:

The fact that I didn't FFWD any of it says it all!
Like the wide shots of the climbers - good to see them in context.
Like the limited use of head-cam footage (some seem to think it's the
bee's knees but I find it just a bit nauseating!).

Good effort!
 Cobbler 29 Jan 2013
In reply to BALD EAGLE:

PS. I even like the music! Is the last track Santa Esmeralda?
 Bobling 29 Jan 2013
In reply to BALD EAGLE:

My favourite yet! The theme was good - especially if you have seen those spaghetti westerns more times that you can remember. Kudos to the Cava for her long shots, they really do stage the short headcam shots very well. Best bit? The fall! Also the flora and fauna shots were nice, does the lizard not get a credit?
 dale1968 29 Jan 2013
In reply to BALD EAGLE: different..
 Steve Perry 29 Jan 2013
In reply to BALD EAGLE: A really nice place to climb, good to see Monica Diabolica again, it's great coming out from that roof. Did you also climb Casca la basca a la lasca, KM 11 and Sick English? all top routes at Arico. We did the route you showed up the the right hand corner slab at Las Canadas and to be honest thought it was pants.
OP BALD EAGLE 29 Jan 2013
In reply to Cobbler:
> (In reply to BALD EAGLE)
>
> PS. I even like the music! Is the last track Santa Esmeralda?

Hey Neil muchos gracias for the kind words, really appreciated. Yep well spotted dude, amongst the Ennio Morricone, that is Santa Esmeralda with Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood! A mighty fine toe-tapping tune...

In reply to you other guys I'll get back to you tomorrow as I've got to leave!
 deepstar 29 Jan 2013
In reply to BALD EAGLE: Stop doing this Dave! now you`ve given me another place I have to visit.Great Video,shame about those sandals.
 BusyLizzie 29 Jan 2013
In reply to BALD EAGLE: I loved the music, and the lizards - and the climbing. Your films keep on getting better!
 cuppatea 29 Jan 2013
In reply to BALD EAGLE:

Great video! Thanks for sharing it

The fall looked like a good un! Very nearly a deck by the looks of it!
OP BALD EAGLE 30 Jan 2013
In reply to Bobling:
>
> My favourite yet! The theme was good - especially if you have seen those spaghetti westerns more times that you can remember. Kudos to the Cava for her long shots, they really do stage the short headcam shots very well. Best bit? The fall! Also the flora and fauna shots were nice, does the lizard not get a credit?

Hey Bobling many thanks from Cava and I for your kind words. <laughs> Yes the fall was quite a good one and you can hear me saying "You bast*!d" slowed down if you listen carefully! Alas no credit for the big, fat juicy lizard but we did feed it chorizo and ham to get it to perform...
Back later when I have some more time!
In reply to Steve Perry:
> (In reply to BALD EAGLE) A really nice place to climb, good to see Monica Diabolica again, it's great coming out from that roof. Did you also climb Casca la basca a la lasca, KM 11 and Sick English? all top routes at Arico.

Hey Steve
Yep Arico is a great place to climb and Monica Diabolica is very good value for the grade. I had a go at KM11 but failed near the top as rain was coming in, nothing to do with me being fat,old and feeble you understand Strange how often a mid layer of cloud + drizzle comes into Arico when the coast and the crater is baking in the sunshine!
In reply to dale1968:
> (In reply to BALD EAGLE) different..

...erm...I suppose so!

OP BALD EAGLE 31 Jan 2013
In reply to deepstar:
> (In reply to BALD EAGLE) Stop doing this Dave! now you`ve given me another place I have to visit.Great Video,shame about those sandals.

Humble apologies Martin and muchos gracias amigo for your kind words! Now theres nothing wrong with sandals per se, but surely it is the socks + sandals combination which is all wrong? Unless any UKC'rs out there can enlighten us...
 WildWeasel 03 Feb 2013
In reply to BALD EAGLE:

Great video and I loved the music, lizards, climbing and the fall was quite dramatic too! So who was the good, the bad and the numpty then?
 purple sue 03 Feb 2013
In reply to BALD EAGLE:
Nice movie footage & some ideas for yet another return visit.
The trad lines look fun on Mt Teide.
OP BALD EAGLE 04 Feb 2013
In reply to WildWeasel:
>
> Great video and I loved the music, lizards, climbing and the fall was quite dramatic too! So who was the good, the bad and the numpty then?

Many thanks for the positive feedback! Not too sure who was the good and the bad, but as I fell off, I guess that makes me the numpty then!
OP BALD EAGLE 04 Feb 2013
In reply to purple sue:
> Nice movie footage & some ideas for yet another return visit.
> The trad lines look fun on Mt Teide.

Hey Sue muchos gracias for your kind words and plenty for a return visit! Just to clarify the trad lines are on La Catedral in the Roques de Garcia. In fact there are over 40 routes on the mighty Cathedral and if you PM me I can send you a topo of the classic 5 pitch "Via Normal" which is a great outing with no move harder than UK 4a/b. I believe you went to Tenerife in December so did you get much climbing done and which crags did you visit? Apart from the obvious Arico any other Sports crags you would recommend?
Cheers Dave
 kiwi boy 04 Feb 2013
In reply to BALD EAGLE: Bald Eagle production keeps getting better and better. In my view some thought has gone ito to production with careful editing. I do hope the Lizard gets a fee. Congrats Mr Eagle
OP BALD EAGLE 05 Feb 2013
In reply to kiwi boy:
> (In reply to BALD EAGLE) Bald Eagle production keeps getting better and better. In my view some thought has gone ito to production with careful editing. I do hope the Lizard gets a fee. Congrats Mr Eagle

Hey Mr Kiwi many thanks my old <groan> fruit! Be assured that the lizards were very happy to "perform" for all the chorizo, ham and crisps they could eat...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...