UKC

Slipstones. Recent developments

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Pete C 04 Nov 2001
Can anyone tell me of any recent developmenets (especially bouldering) at Slipstones near Masham. Could you explain location, grade and who first did it. Ta
OP Bomber 04 Nov 2001
In reply to Pete C:

don't know of any recent developments there, but I believe a consortium based on the Cleveland Mountaineering Club is in the process of doing a new guidebook for the Cleveland & North Yorkshire area, which will/should include Slipstones.

Is anyone involved with that project a Rocktalker? Can you give us an update on the progress of that guide?
Steve Crowe 04 Nov 2001
In reply to Pete C:

The most up to date guide to Slipstones is the current Yorkshire Gritstone. It will also be included in the forthcoming definative guide to NE England which includes North York Moors, East Pennines and County Durham but not Northumberland.
andy r 04 Nov 2001
In reply to Steve Crowe:

err hangon, definitive guide to NE England, but not northumberland? how does that work then!?
OP Bomber 04 Nov 2001
In reply to andy r:

I think it's always been that way! Northumerland MC do the guide for their specific area, and the rest of the area gets put in a separate guide .... (

Bit of a misleading name, but "North England (except Nortumberland)" doesn't quite sound right? It should really be called something like "North Yorkshire, Cleveland and County Durham", but why change things after so many years .....!
Steve Crowe 04 Nov 2001
In reply to Bomber:

Couldn't have put it better myself. After all if you believe the weather people then Northumberland is part of Scotland anyway!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...