UKC

Van Buying Advice

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Dave Heaton 29 Jan 2013
Hi all,

Planning on buying a van, got about £3000 to spend. Does anyone have any recommendations on vans at this price? I've looked at Transporters but I think I'd need to spend a couple more thousand to get a decent one. Vitos seem like the next best option but I've heard that the older ones can be bad for rust. Does anyone have any experience of this? I know that Transporters are renowned for doing a lot of miles but what about Vitos?

Any advice will be gratefully received.
Dave
 davy_boy 29 Jan 2013
In reply to Dave Heaton: i believe the vitos will be able to do lots of miles as they are basicly small versions on the mrecedes sprinter which i have seen some very high miles on and still running well most people i know who use these for work swear by them nowadays so the vito would hopefully be as well made.
 Dax H 29 Jan 2013
In reply to Dave Heaton: Vitos are okay but do rust a bit and are a bit small in my opinion.
At work we run a couple of Vitos and 3 Renault traffics (vauxhaul vivaro, Nissan primastar).
For my money the traffic is perfect.
 sealong2 29 Jan 2013
In reply to Dax H: T4 Transporters are cheaper now as more people can stretch to the T5's, depends how far you want to drive it, how fast and in what comfort.

Traffics are good but the Primatstar is the same van but often cheaper as it isn't as well known or popular.

Also depends on what size of van you want, the bigger VW than the transporter (sorry can't remember the model name for the mo) brings vw reliabilty but cos it isn't the fashionable base for camper conversions it is much cheaper. This is what I am likely to go for when I move on from my current T4.
 Buzz87 29 Jan 2013
In reply to Dave Heaton: Toyota hiace may be worth a look? A little bit old fashioned in comparison to the likes of a traffic (ie gears not on dash etc) but not quite as wide if you don't need the size.
 DANNYdjb 29 Jan 2013
In reply to Dave Heaton:
have a vito and a transporter. love the vito more refined.
dan
OP Dave Heaton 30 Jan 2013
In reply to Dave Heaton:
Loads of helpful advice, cheers guys.
I should mention that this will be to convert to a camper and probably only used at weekends.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...