/ Unknown lump of rock.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
bremner8 - on 30 Jan 2013
Hi all. As I browsed through the houses for sale list just south of Clapham in Yorkshire I found one with a view of a very large lump of rock from the back garden. The house (and rock) are south of Bentham and High Bentham. Anyone know anything about it please?
Kid Spatula - on 30 Jan 2013
In reply to bremner8:

It's Ingleborough.
Stone Idol - on 30 Jan 2013
In reply to Kid Spatula: There is a goodly amount of bouldering at several spots on Forest of Bowland - guess it is one of those.
Jon Wickham - on 30 Jan 2013
In reply to bremner8: Link to the photo please?
Flinticus - on 04 Feb 2013
There's a converted church off the A82 just past (north of) Ardlui with a huge boulder in its garden. Clocked it Saturday driving past: looks good (if its your garden).

At NN3146 1660. No photos, sorry.Not for sale either, just wish it was & I had the money!
PeterJuggler - on 04 Feb 2013
Mowglee on 04 Feb 2013
Flinticus - on 04 Feb 2013
In reply to PeterJuggler:
Yeah I know, I already check that out (to post link). It is heavily overgrow & surrounded by birch trees so is quite camouflaged.

I'll be passing there next week again. If I get a chance & remember I may take a photo (unless I've recently over-taken a slow vehicle and that would put it ahead of me again!).
Bulls Crack - on 04 Feb 2013
In reply to Kid Spatula:

Plenty of sandstone outcrops around there
bremner8 - on 04 Feb 2013
In reply to Mowglee: That seems to be the one. Not quite as impressive as I had imagined but it may keep my boys interested for a while. Thanks for finding it.
bremner8 - on 04 Feb 2013
In reply to Jon Wickham: Don't get technical with me Jon!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.