/ Honley Old Wood - Online guide now available

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
schloosh - on 31 Jan 2013
The guide to Honley Old Wood is available now on the Kirklees Climbing website:
http://www.kirkleesclimbing.co.uk/honley_old_wood

Not the worlds finest bouldering venue but the (not so) Hidden Slab is fairly well appreciated locally. The rest of the place could do with a good brushing and some more traffic.

Printable downloadable guide available as usual:
http://www.kirkleesclimbing.co.uk/pdf_downloads
carl dawson - on 31 Jan 2013
In reply to schloosh:

Keep up the good work.
Where's next?

Carl
In reply to carl dawson:

Cheers Carl.

West Nab is the next in line, a work in progress, but its big and complicated!
pog100 - on 31 Jan 2013
In reply to schloosh:

Yes, but a good map of where the problems all are would be much appreciated. The 'book' is OK but still mightily confusing at times.
Frank the Husky - on 31 Jan 2013
In reply to pog100: That's useful to know. By "confusing" do you mean wrong, or just plain confusing? Which bits in particular, and how would you make them less confusing/accurate?

Fangs a lot.
pog100 - on 31 Jan 2013
In reply to Frank the Husky:

by the book I didn't mean the completely excellent tome known as 'Over the Moors' but the ancient dog-eared pamphlet, sorry for the confusion. I have to admit that I haven't yet put my copy of said tome to work at the Nab yet, I will let you know when I do.
In reply to schloosh:

Using Google maps on the website is going to be really useful for identifying the groups of boulders and should make it considerably less confusing.
pog100 - on 31 Jan 2013
In reply to schloosh:
Good point, 'int modern technology brilliant!
Frank the Husky - on 31 Jan 2013
In reply to pog100: Oh, that thing, it's great innit? A proper bit of old skool climbing publishing.
schloosh - on 01 Feb 2013
In reply to schloosh:

Our coverage of West Nab is looking like the most comprehensive guide to date as well :-)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.