UKC

Honley Old Wood - Online guide now available

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 schloosh 31 Jan 2013
The guide to Honley Old Wood is available now on the Kirklees Climbing website:
http://www.kirkleesclimbing.co.uk/honley_old_wood

Not the worlds finest bouldering venue but the (not so) Hidden Slab is fairly well appreciated locally. The rest of the place could do with a good brushing and some more traffic.

Printable downloadable guide available as usual:
http://www.kirkleesclimbing.co.uk/pdf_downloads
 carl dawson 31 Jan 2013
In reply to schloosh:

Keep up the good work.
Where's next?

Carl
OP schloosh 31 Jan 2013
In reply to carl dawson:

Cheers Carl.

West Nab is the next in line, a work in progress, but its big and complicated!
 pog100 31 Jan 2013
In reply to schloosh:

Yes, but a good map of where the problems all are would be much appreciated. The 'book' is OK but still mightily confusing at times.
In reply to pog100: That's useful to know. By "confusing" do you mean wrong, or just plain confusing? Which bits in particular, and how would you make them less confusing/accurate?

Fangs a lot.
 pog100 31 Jan 2013
In reply to Frank the Husky:

by the book I didn't mean the completely excellent tome known as 'Over the Moors' but the ancient dog-eared pamphlet, sorry for the confusion. I have to admit that I haven't yet put my copy of said tome to work at the Nab yet, I will let you know when I do.
OP schloosh 31 Jan 2013
In reply to schloosh:

Using Google maps on the website is going to be really useful for identifying the groups of boulders and should make it considerably less confusing.
 pog100 31 Jan 2013
In reply to schloosh:
Good point, 'int modern technology brilliant!
In reply to pog100: Oh, that thing, it's great innit? A proper bit of old skool climbing publishing.
OP schloosh 01 Feb 2013
In reply to schloosh:

Our coverage of West Nab is looking like the most comprehensive guide to date as well

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...