UKC

Ben lui

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 rodw 31 Jan 2013
Thinking of staying Tyndrum area for a few days from monday next week. Has anyone knowledge of condition for Ben Lui and suggestions for more routes in that area
 Nick_Scots 31 Jan 2013
Glencoe SKi Cnetre reports 25cm fresh snow today and 'Weather forecast: Friday 1st Feb. Light winds variable direction. Overnight heavy snow clearing to showers. Good Visibility expected.

Current Weather conditions: Blizzard conditions at all levels .... Heavy drifting on all runs.'

So Ben Lui, not too far away may be loaded, seriously loaded......
 Jamie B 31 Jan 2013
In reply to rodw:

Pretty dynamic weather/snow conditions right now - ask the question again on Sunday night!
 David Reid 31 Jan 2013
In reply to rodw:

certianly wouldnt touch central gully at the moment
 suilven 01 Feb 2013
In reply to David Reid:

I'll second that!

Was up the hill next door, Beinn Chuirn today - judging by conditions there I wouldn't touch Central Gully with a barge pole.
 Nick_Scots 01 Feb 2013
In reply to suilven: What's Eas Anie like ?
 suilven 01 Feb 2013
In reply to Scott_vzr:

Have you got a snorkel?!
In reply to rodw:
I did the Cruachan ridge today. Snow conditions on the ridge were ok with only a bit of instability here and there. Don't think gullies are such a good idea just yet. Ground below 600metres was quite wet but with frost tonight this will firm up.
 Captain Solo 03 Feb 2013
In reply to rodw: I was was on the Southeast ridge of Ben Lui on Fri.
There was soft saturated older snow lower down that was nice and hard higher up. However a fall of fresh powder on thu was on top of this, as mentioned I would stay out the gullies, sais were talking of windslab on NE facing slopes. Slightly milder today but maybe not enough to thaw above the summits for a re-freeze to firm up. I think the wind will be your greatest enemy early next week though.
Jim C 03 Feb 2013
In reply to suilven:
> (In reply to Scott_vzr)
>
> Have you got a snorkel?!

Indeed, not too far away (Glen Etive) looked like this Yesterday on
Stob Coir' an Albannaich

http://www.flickr.com/photos/22776031@N05/8438499815/in/set-721576326750365...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...