UKC

6 music listeners are bedwetters !!!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Chris the Tall 01 Feb 2013
We saved 6 music for this !!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p014fjyc/live

OK Clocks is the best thing Coldplay have ever done, and not a bad song, but can't believe it beat the Artics, Elbow, Jonny Cash and so many other great tracks.

And of course Half Man Half Biscuit didn't even make the top 100 (an omission which they've acknowledged by playing it immediately afterwards).

ccmm 01 Feb 2013
In reply to Chris the Tall:

Joy division oven gloves featured recently as 6 music's listeners favourite tune. They even had Nigel on to talk about it.

Coldplay aren't fit to carry HMHBs amps
 Mike-W-99 01 Feb 2013
Its only for tracks released in 6 musics lifetime? Explains some of the odd choices.
 Jack Frost 01 Feb 2013

I was rather disappointed too...I wondered if it was a wind up. Like when we all marked our religion as Jedi in the 2001 census, or we all voted for Ryan Giggs in the BBC SPotY.
 Dom Whillans 01 Feb 2013
"do you realise" was number 7; i gave up listening after that because it's obviously the best tune ever.
 BoulderyDave 01 Feb 2013
In reply to Chris the Tall: I thought the rest of it was pretty accurate 2-9 were all great tracks. I would have had Blood buzz Ohio, I bet you look good on the dance floor and Do you realise as my top 3
I was disappointed that Grounds for Divorce wasn't the Elbow track, that was the first one that sprung to my mind as the best track in the last 11 years

Likewise I'd have gone for house of cards by radiohead, or devils spoke by Laura Marling.

But nonetheless it was an excellent list, and very few tracks in the top 20 that I haven't bought in one form or another.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...