UKC

What did you get done today?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Despite the rather chilly weather forecast, me and a friend ventured out to Froggatt for our first trad outing of the year. I have to say, it couldn't have been nicer! The bottom of the crag was a sun trap and I didn't feel a shiver all day. Managed to get up Chequers Buttress, Allen's Slab and did a rather faffy ascent of Valkyrie, so pretty chuffed.

Any other success stories from today?

David
 Cheese Monkey 02 Feb 2013
In reply to David Kirsfelds: Nice sunny day at Sea Walls in Avon, did a straighforward multipitch with my girlfriend then quickly seconded something harder. Few nice slab problems done on the shunt yesterday and a good bit of HVS mileage midweek. Don't get put off by the cold!
 deacondeacon 02 Feb 2013
In reply to David Kirsfelds: soloing at stanage then soloing at lawrencefield but had to be home for 11am. Shame as it was a lovely day.
In reply to deacondeacon: Must have been up early! We only got to the crag at 11 :-/
 deacondeacon 02 Feb 2013
In reply to David Kirsfelds: Yeah I've got family over from abroad but it was such a nice morning decided to nip out for a bit. I was pretty reluctant to head home though
Nice one on Checkers Buttress and Valkyrie, brilliant routes.
 climb the peak 02 Feb 2013
In reply to David Kirsfelds: At Cratcliff all day, brilliant weather that even saw me climbing in a t-shirt. Tried fern hill and savage messiah. Fell of both
Tim Chappell 02 Feb 2013
In reply to David Kirsfelds:

Get it right. The thread title should be "What have you done today to make you feeeeeel proud?"

My answer: gave skiing lessons at Glenshee to one inexperienced daughter, one totally novice daughter, and one totally novice friend of said daughters. A certain amount of tears of frustration from the youngest, but a lot of progress. I even got to break out on my own while they were having macaroni peh breaks, and skied Carn Aosda (icy) and the Tiger (mega-icy)

Skip 02 Feb 2013

Four routes at the wonderful Pen Olver on the Lizard.Beautiful sunny day. Introduced a sport climber/boulderer to trad.

Good day out.
 the power 02 Feb 2013
In reply to David Kirsfelds: gota suntan at rivelin.croton oil blizzard ridge etc
 deacondeacon 02 Feb 2013
In reply to the power: wicked, nice one on blizzard ridge.
In reply to the power: I didn't get chilly but wouldn't have exposed much more than my face and hands for a suntan!
Clauso 02 Feb 2013

I finally completed my 1:500 scale model of Buckingham Palace constructed entirely out of bogies. It's been 8 years in the making. I was hoping to have it ready for the Jubilee celebrations last year but, sadly, my mucous just wasn't up to it. A heavy cold, last month, eventually gave me the boost that I needed to get me over the line.
 the power 02 Feb 2013
In reply to deacondeacon: it were mint even rock were warm
 ChrisBrooke 02 Feb 2013
In reply to David Kirsfelds: Saw the forecast of zero degrees and high NW winds and decided to stay local and mountain bike rather than my traditional early season Birchen solo fest. Feel a bit gutted now hearing about warm rock! WTF?
 Hugh Cottam 02 Feb 2013
In reply to Clauso: You're a funny man. That just made me laugh a lot. Good work!
 Stanners 02 Feb 2013
In reply to Cheese Monkey:
was at sea walls too in that golden sunshine. Glorious.
We went to the Reach. Being made of metal it was very cold. It was warmer outside......
Tim Chappell 03 Feb 2013
In reply to Clauso:

1:500 scale model of Buckingham Palace constructed entirely out of bogies

Of this we definitely need diagrams.
 Bobling 03 Feb 2013

I was also at Avon, falling off easy moves on the New Quarry traverse that I have not fallen of for six months, swearing at myself, and feeling very full of unpsyche. Not only that but I watched youngsters (must have been Stanners et al) who made me feel even older, weaker and fatter. Never mind today I went for a run and felt fit and feather light....not.
 Ava Adore 03 Feb 2013

Erm....spent my Debenhams voucher on two suit jackets for work and a jumper with sparkles in it...

Well you asked
 AdrianC 03 Feb 2013
In reply to David Kirsfelds: Despite the rather chilly weather forecast (minus 8) me and my friend ventured out to the crag for our first ice outing of the year. I also have to say it couldn't have been nicer. Three or four pitches of blue ice in the sun were a lovely warm-up. More tomorrow...
 alooker 04 Feb 2013
In reply to David Kirsfelds: first e1!
 Keendan 04 Feb 2013
In reply to alooker:

nice work, congrats!
 philmorris 04 Feb 2013

Ten pitch 5c sport route in the Todra Gorge, Morocco. Nice.
 alooker 05 Feb 2013
In reply to Daniel Heath: thanks

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...