UKC

3 peaks fell RACE

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 quirky 02 Feb 2013
Anyone else entered??
 ColinAus 03 Feb 2013
In reply to quirky: Yep, got the entry in nice and early having failed to get into the Edale Skyline despite trying at 3pm on the day entries opened!!
Just got to get some training in now - if the Mickledon Straddle today was anything to go by I have some work to do...
OP quirky 04 Feb 2013
In reply to quirky: Winter Hill this Sunday for me. could do with a training programme to take me up to the 3 peaks race.
 thedatastream 04 Feb 2013
In reply to quirky: It's on the same weekend as the Fellsman - I know which one I'm entering and it doesn't have a 3 in the title

Best of luck to you all!
 greg_may_ 04 Feb 2013
In reply to quirky:

Not in myself, but partner is. I'll be crewing and shouting abuse...sorry encouragement...
 FrankBooth 04 Feb 2013
In reply to quirky:
I'm guessing it fills up pretty quickly? Was hoping to check the calendar at home this eve...
ruttingstag 11 Feb 2013
In reply to quirky: i'm entering it for the first time this year. i've heard a rumour that you can place pre prepared drinks at the drink stops. how many drink stops are there and can you do this?
 Banned User 77 11 Feb 2013
In reply to ruttingstag: 2.. one at the viaduct, ribblehead, one at the road between whernside and inglebrugh..
In reply to ruttingstag:

Yes you can. Hand a bag with your number on to the officials and they'll put it just after the point you leave the road at Ribblehead and the Hill Inn.

ALC
 Mike_Bottom 14 Feb 2013
In reply to quirky: I can't believe its on the same weekend as the Fellsman again!

Whernside was crazy last year!
 Simon Caldwell 14 Feb 2013
In reply to Mike_Bottom:

Surely the Fellsman and 3 Peaks competitors are on Whernside at different times?

3 Peaks starts at 10am, so most people will get there after 12.
When I did the Fellsman I was off Whernside before 10.30 (and finished well down the field, just under 20 hours).
 plyometrics 14 Feb 2013
In reply to Toreador:

I think last year it felt like it impacted like it did on Whernside because there was a Fellsman entry who required MRT assistance with a broken leg, IIRC.

Either way, I think it's a great race that demands discipline and strategy along the way (and a bit of fitness helps too...)
 Rampikino 14 Feb 2013
In reply to plyometrics:

It is a great race. Back in 2002 the weather was horrendous and made the whole day very challenging. But it was something I had personally built up to for a long time and remains a real personal milestone.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...