UKC

Which 2-3 man tent?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
benji555 03 Feb 2013
Hi all,

I'm off to Le Mans 24hr and Glastonbury in June and my Vaude Hogan really won't be big enough, plus I could do with a new tent for Font, Peak climbing weekends etc. I'm looking for a half decent 2-3 man touring tent with plenty of room and a large porch/vestibule. Pack size really isn't an issue and the budget is around £300 or so.

Can anyone recommend something that might fit the bill?
 Puppythedog 03 Feb 2013
In reply to benji555: I have an Attwoolls Slimbridge which would be perfect (not offering to sell) a quick look at the website suggests they don't sell it. Worth maybe googling for the image and looking for something the same. Gooutdoors have one similar I think.
benji555 03 Feb 2013
In reply to puppythedog: That looks like the sort of thing i'm after. Along those lines the Vango Omega range looks like a pretty good choice, does anyone have any experience of the 350 or 450?
 LJ2606 03 Feb 2013
In reply to benji555: I have just bought a MSR holler, I haven't used it yet and only put it up in the garden, first impressions are excellent. It weighs less than 3kg and cost £340.
Lee
dunirie 03 Feb 2013
In reply to benji555:
i have a vango spirit 300+, might be worth a look, big porch, 3kg, and well in your budget!
 Blue Straggler 03 Feb 2013
In reply to benji555:

Just a quick thought - your intended use suggests that you could easily make do with a much cheaper tent if you wanted
 TobyA 03 Feb 2013
In reply to benji555:

> I'm off to Le Mans 24hr and Glastonbury in June and my Vaude Hogan really won't be big enough, plus I could do with a new tent for Font, Peak climbing weekends etc. I'm looking for a half decent 2-3 man touring tent with plenty of room and a large porch/vestibule. Pack size really isn't an issue

Personally for that I'd get something from Decathlon that cost a third or less than you're willing to pay and spend the rest on climbing trips!

I've had one of these: http://www.decathlon.co.uk/t3-3-man-hiking-tent-blue--id_8057313.html for about 8 years. It fits me and my wife and our two little-ish kids in fine. We can put it up and take it down in a matter of minutes, it's stood up to some horrendous summer storms and driving rain, and it takes up little room in the back of the car. For less than 50 quid - you can't go wrong really. But if you want more space - like to be able to sit a table in the tent for instance - something like this maybe? http://www.decathlon.co.uk/t41-4-man-family-tent-beige-id_8171136.html
In reply to benji555: Dude, dont go anywhere near anything expensive for Glasto. Good chance it'll get nicked, damaged or pissed on.

Get something like a Qhuenchua pop up for the gig and Le Mans and get another for the climbing/walking.
In reply to benji555: I've a mint Terra Nova Super Quasar in Red used 4times great cond looking for £280
 browndog33 03 Feb 2013
In reply to benji555: I've got the omega 350 and its a nice size, I take a double memory foam topper with me when I go car camping and it fits in the sleeping compartment just right length and width wise, the porch area is big enough for plenty of gear too, I'd recommend one no probs.
Mark.
almost sane 03 Feb 2013
In reply to benji555:
Another vote for just getting something cheap and spacious, especially for Glastonbury. Some Bad Things can happen to tents there. For example, there was a craze recently for "tent surfing" - any number of activities can seem a Good Idea when you are out of your face and in a crowd.
 Andy Syme 03 Feb 2013
In reply to benji555: Festival and good tent. No way. Buy something very cheap that you can afford to throw after your 'neighbors' antics have ruined it.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...