UKC

"Dust" on digi pics

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Newbuild100 03 Feb 2013
Folks

I have just returned from a trip to the Atlas mountains.
I have downloaded all my pics but a lot of them have an annoying mark on them, created by a speck of dust in the camera's internals/shutter.

I dont use photoshop etc but is there some simple software i can use to get rid of the mark on each pic (about 60 pictures in all) ????

Thanks all
 Hannes 03 Feb 2013
In reply to Newbuild100: Trial version of adobe lightroom should do it. There is a decent spot removal tool. Otherwise you can download Photoshop CS2 free, well technically it isn't free but effectively it is.
OP Newbuild100 03 Feb 2013
In reply to Hannes: "Technically/Effectively" ??

Me no understandy !!
marTTyn 03 Feb 2013
In reply to Newbuild100: Most manufacturers software with raw processing will have an option to take a reference photo of the dust spots. This can be applied as a batch to fix any affected shots. What camera was it?
 MtnGeekUK 03 Feb 2013
In reply to Newbuild100:

Select the spec (magic wand or freehand select), then content aware fill?
marTTyn 03 Feb 2013
I thought Content Aware Fill was only in CS5 onwards
 MtnGeekUK 03 Feb 2013
In reply to marTTyn:

Can't remember which version it came with, but it's what I would use.
OP Newbuild100 03 Feb 2013
In reply to marTTyn:
> (In reply to Newbuild100) Most manufacturers software with raw processing will have an option to take a reference photo of the dust spots. This can be applied as a batch to fix any affected shots. What camera was it?

Early Digi. Nikon D50

OP Newbuild100 04 Feb 2013
In reply to Newbuild100: Guys

If you look at my photo gallery, at the first pic, you will notice the dust etc I want to get rid of (Top left ish !)

Thanks all
 Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 04 Feb 2013
In reply to Newbuild100:

It is an easy enough job to do - but you said you don't have any suitable software: Photoshop/Elements/Lightroom?

You could do with cleaning the sensor too or the problem will continue, especially in bright conditions.

Chris
OP Newbuild100 04 Feb 2013
In reply to Chris Craggs: Yes, i will clean the sensor obviously but the pics are more important at the mo.
Ill have a go at the "Lightroom" thing tomorrow when ive more time.
Fingers crossed.
 Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 04 Feb 2013
In reply to Newbuild100:

Lightroom has a pretty good 'spot removal tool' top right on the Develop window, though your 'dragon' might take a bit of sorting. Good luck!

Chris
 IPPurewater 04 Feb 2013
In reply to Newbuild100:
> (In reply to Hannes) "Technically/Effectively" ??
>
> Me no understandy !!

http://www.adobe.com/downloads/cs2_downloads/index.html

Have a look at this link. You can download Photoshop CS2 (which is 7 years old) for nothing.
 Cameron94 04 Feb 2013
In reply to Newbuild100: Hey everyone would this advice also apply to a water droplet on the lense? I don't know the first thing about going about tidying up some photos I have.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...