Off Belay forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Pleasley vale - ooh....spooky!

Sleepy_trucker - on 03 Feb 2013
I was at a bit of a loss for something to do today so I decided to take the dog for a walk to have a look at pleasley vale as I'd like to go there when the weather improves a bit.

Anyway, there was a hunt going on and we ended up sort of stuck at the eastern end where I'd walked almost to the top of the rocks (waiting for the hunt to go past). Once the horses and dogs had gone, Daisy (my springer) suddenly fixed her gaze on a patch of rock a few yards away and at head height, backed into the corner she was sat in and started barking and shaking, still fixed on this one point.

It's very unusual for her to bark, she's a gun dog and therefore generally very quiet but something was obviously upsetting her so we moved on - as we walked past the point she was staring at, her eyes never left it for a second :S

They say dogs can see/sense ghosts so, I've just googled "is pleasley vale haunted" and it would seem it is (if you believe in that sort of thing), "most haunted" did an episode there but I think it's based on the mill rather than the grounds.

Anyone else got any spooky stories?
... not showing 25 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums