UKC

Which Bouldering mat, Please help!!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Climbing gaijin 04 Feb 2013
Hello.

I've been bouldering indoors for a year now and would like to move outdoors this summer. Time to buy a mat me thinks!
But I'm having trouble choosing the right one for me. First of all I should say that I'm British but climbing in Japan. The choice here is pretty limited and the only way to buy is to order from my local climbing centre (I can't try before I buy! And I can't order from Bananafingers etc. because of the weight and size). With what pads are available to me I've narrowed it down to three pads. Please give me your thoughts.

Moon Warrior. PRO, very popular mat, cheapest. CON, I heard they have gone downhill a bit.
Snap Bun. PRO, thickest (very big pro for a noob) CON. Shoulder straps don't look comfy
Flashed Ninja. PRO, lightest, good shoulder straps. CON, expensive, fold is on the wrong side.

What are your thoughts?
I'm leaning towards the Snap at the moment due to the thickness.
Thank you in advance.
 rickeden 04 Feb 2013
In reply to Climbing gaijin:
Just buy the Snap, best pads ever. The foam is amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 adstapleton 04 Feb 2013

Have you considered momentum pads?

They're new and small enough such that they may be able to meet your design requirments (custom designs anyone?) they have tits-killer good foam and can no doubt sort you out with semi decent shipping prices if required?

Google them, they're foam is assuredly the best, customer service is beyond reproach and that customisable aspect really seals the deal.
 BossHog 04 Feb 2013
DMM highball!!
 nasher47 04 Feb 2013

+1 for SNAP... I've got a load of stuff from them and love it all.
 Elrond 04 Feb 2013
In reply to robcaesar:

+1 for the Highball! After a couple of years of Solid use, the foam is still like new!!
Climbing gaijin 05 Feb 2013
In reply to Climbing gaijin: Thank you for your input guys.

The highball looks good.
I think I will go for the Snap.

Or possibly the Edelrid Dead point as it comes with a free sit start pad. Two for the price of one sounds tempting to me!
Any thoughts on the Dead point?
 jwi 05 Feb 2013
In reply to Climbing gaijin: Has Usamix-allez stopped making pads? They are a Japanese brand and did quite decent pads, should be a little bit cheaper.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...