UKC

New Forum User - Congleton and Formby

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
New POD 05 Feb 2013
Hi, I'm new to the forum, have been indoor climbing regularly over the last 2 years at Alter Rock in Derby (I was working in the area) and at Awesome Walls and the Climbing hanger in Liverpool (I live in Formby)

Just started a new Freelance contract in Stoke, and am renting a room Monday to Friday in Congleton, so interested if there is anything in the area ?

Strachan 05 Feb 2013
In reply to New POD: I'm from Congleton (though I am at uni in Bath). In terms of climbing there is alot in the area;
Indoor:
Awesome walls Stockport
Awesome walls (bouldering) in Fenton (stoke)
Outdoor:
The whole peak district, the closest crags being Windgather, the Roaches etc, but its not far to any grit crag really
Hope this is what you were after
 another_mark 05 Feb 2013
In reply to New POD: New? PH?
 Tony Hy 07 Feb 2013
In reply to New POD: There's also a new wall at Burslem, which would'nt be far from your route back to Congleton http://www.kilnworx.x10.bz/ and a newish one in Audley http://www.peakpursuits.co.uk/peak-pursuits-centres/audley-climbing-centre which is out towards junc 16 (M6).
New POD 07 Feb 2013
Cheers.

I'm only going to be there 4 nights a week, so stockport is a bit of a trek in the rush hour. I've been to kilnworx and If I'm going there I'll need to find a partner as no bouldering. Awesome Walls in Longton is a bit of a pain at Rush hour (I'd go straight from work) but doable. Once the spring arrives I'm going to cycle down the Macc Canal to Work in Talke (Kidsgrove) Tuesday to Thursday, so Monday (When I'm in th car) will need to be my Indoor night if I'm going to Longton or Burslem.

If I'm going outside, I'll need some more kit and a partner.
 Paul Hy 07 Feb 2013
In reply to New POD: yhm
 ozbaker 08 Feb 2013
In reply to New POD:
You should consider checking out Audley Climbing Centre on alternate Tuesdays.
They host a social climbing night with Free cake and chips in the pub next door afterwards.
People are friendly and theres usually someone willing to jump on a rope with you.
If you're looking for a regular partner to get outside with that could be a good place to start, they have a find a partner board aswell.
The next social is due on the 19th Feb.

Oz.
slimjoe 26 Feb 2013
In reply to ozbaker:
There is social night at Kilnworx 18th March. Never been? Give it a go. Free drinks & snacks plus ice video presentation. Sounds good and a vey friendly bunch.
New POD 26 Feb 2013
In reply to another_mark:
> (In reply to New POD) New? PH?

maybe.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...