Off Belay forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Moving away - do you take your stuff?

Edradour - on 05 Feb 2013
There is potential that I could be moving across the Atlantic for a couple of years, although this hasn't been confirmed yet.

I've been looking into the logistics of it all and am stuck on one particular dilemma - whether to take the majority of my belongings with me or simply to go with the essentials. Inevitably I will build up things over the next couple of years anyway.

I will qualify this with the fact that I am pretty ruthless about getting rid of things that I don't use so I'm not worried about taking a lot of books with me, for example, but I have a number of framed photographs / certificates etc which are very dear to me and a few things that I like to have around me wherever I live (eg. a reindeer skin rug).

I also have a fair amount of outdoor kit which would be expensive to replace, climbing kit, skis etc and although I suspect I will do less of this stuff over the next couple of years than I would usually I can't imagine giving it up entirely.

I guess my real question is how much value do you place on your possessions and having them with you?
... not showing 15 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums