UKC

Skiing in Norway

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 orejas 05 Feb 2013
Any recommendations for skiing in Norway? Only there for a weekend and ideally not too far from Oslo? 2 hours or so. Thanks
 Scomuir 05 Feb 2013
In reply to orejas:
Piste? Touring? Cross-country? If piste skiing, Trysil is worth a visit http://www.skistar.com/en/trysil/. You can get a public bus out there from Oslo and it is a really good service. Takes a little more than 2 hours.
OP orejas 05 Feb 2013
In reply to orejas:
Piste, certainly not cross-country. Would consider touring though not done it before. Trysil is what we had thought but before booking anything I thought I would try UKC's wisdom. Thanks
 French Erick 06 Feb 2013
In reply to orejas:
Which Olso airport? That makes a difference too... not that I know much more. But the ryanair flights let you a long way from it as it does any other place (Beauvais, prestwick...). I had one good day in the Rjukan ski area on a climbing trip once (gausta something).

I'd also recommend to learn a bit of Norwegian, out of politeness
 summo 06 Feb 2013
In reply to orejas: hajfell and kvitfell are a little nearer than trysil, slightly more budget accommodation options. Trysil is better skiing, but not if its windy, upper tows can close and some runs, but that risk can apply elsewhere too.
There is an airport to trysil Ski bus though.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...