UKC

Pricing a Canon 5D Kit

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 apd 07 Feb 2013
Hello all!

I'm not selling yet I just want your opinion. I have a 5D that I am looking to sell and the varying prices that people are trying to get online is just crazy. Mine will go with battery grip, 2 batteries, 3 CF cards, boxes, maunals, software, original strap, do you think about £600 is asking too much? It is in great condition with little cosmetic wear so maybe people selling the body only for £370 means they are well used?!
I've been sticking my head in the sand when it comes to depreciation and now it's out...

Cheers.
 Caspar 07 Feb 2013
In reply to apd:

That is an incredibly low price! I recently bought a new one, on a pretty good deal, and with only one battery, for around £1250. The 5D is timeless (though I'm assuming you're talking about the 5D mk II?).
OP apd 07 Feb 2013
In reply to Caspar: Nope just the MK1.
OP apd 07 Feb 2013
In reply to IPPurewater: Coo, thanks, I was pretty much spot on!
 jamesc88 07 Feb 2013
In reply to IPPurewater: Fixation stock is all commission based sales of previous pro equipment, often battered and bruised and stupidly high shutter counts. Prices listed are ex VAT.

I've been selling 5D's quite happily for £500. £600 sounds about right for grip etc.
 The Lemming 07 Feb 2013
In reply to IPPurewater:

My D5000 is only £120? Ouch.

If anybody wants a bargain, then snap their arm off for this bit of kit as I have no complaints what so ever with mine.
 andi turner 07 Feb 2013
In reply to apd: I sold mine with similar kit to yours and the 28-135 lens for £550, seemed a fair price.
OP apd 07 Feb 2013
In reply to apd: Thanks everyone, that eases my mind a little, really hate inflated prices of gear!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...