/ Gear on Harness or Sling?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Paul Hy - on 07 Feb 2013
As it says, which way do you prefer to carry your gear, on your Harness, on a Sling, or mixture, if mixture, what do you put on the Sling? just to clarify, it's in regard to summer trad climbing.
wilkie14c - on 07 Feb 2013
In reply to Paul Hy:
Harness for rock climbing unless we are moving really fast on long easy multi pitch stuff. When cragging I can pretty much grab what I need without looking too hard and the gear is out of the way for constricted, tight chimneys etc. Winter I much prefer a bandalier though, say you have 5 QDs, couple of screws/pegs, wires etc you are tolking at least 10 crabs to have to undo and pass to your mate who has to then clip on his harness. All of this is with clumsy gloves on and the risk of dropping something is increased plus a bandi is fast to swap over - in winter fast is good!
ianstevens - on 07 Feb 2013
In reply to Paul Hy: Harness, always. I've never seen the need for the extra faff and bandoleer creates. If you can't fit on all on your harness, you probably don't need all of it.
Paul Hy - on 07 Feb 2013
In reply to Paul Hy: I personally put it all on my harness, but i can see on multi-pitch (i've not much experience)that it might be useful.
nniff - on 07 Feb 2013
In reply to Paul Hy:

QD's and wires on a bandolier. The rest (not a lot) on harness (five cams on one side, three rocks on rope and a few longer QDs on the other. Means i can reach wires and QDs easily with either hand and the rest is readily accessible with either hand on the front gear loop on each side.

Pretty much everything other than screws on a bandolier for winter

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.