UKC

flu recovery

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Kimono 07 Feb 2013
Recovering from a nasty bout of (man) flu and wondering at what point i should get back on my bike and do some exercise.
Feeling stronger physically but with a bit of a nasty (phlegmy) cough.

What does the collective 'medical' wisdom of UKC think: is it best to rest till the lungs have cleared up or use them a bit to help them heal??
 Phil1919 07 Feb 2013
In reply to kieran b: I'm the same. I'm going to wait until the body feels back to normal. I think the cough and phlegm might carry on a bit after.
 ranger*goy 07 Feb 2013
In reply to kieran b:

I got back on my bike when I felt a bit more normal, had a coughing fit (felt like a 90yr old smoker) and knackered my ribs up for the next month or so.

I was only going at a pathetic trundle.
 Dax H 07 Feb 2013
In reply to kieran b: If it is genuine man flu you need to forget exercise and get back on the sofa under a blanket whilst the wife/girlfriend waits on you hand and foot.
You have to be very careful in your recovery to prevent a relaps and to set the precedent for next time.
OP Kimono 07 Feb 2013
In reply to ranger*goy:
> (In reply to kieran b)
>
> I got back on my bike when I felt a bit more normal, had a coughing fit (felt like a 90yr old smoker) and knackered my ribs up for the next month or so.
>
> I was only going at a pathetic trundle.

Hmm, that doesnt sound at all good...and im not very good at going slow. Maybe i should wait a few days

OP Kimono 07 Feb 2013
In reply to Dax H:
a nice approach dax

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...