HILLTALK forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - why would you?

girlymonkey - on 08 Feb 2013
Why would you go on a hill in winter conditions, on your own, if you thought it wasn't safe for you to be on a hill on your own in winter conditions?!
We were more than half way up the hill when this guy told us he'd like join us to the top of the hill, then proceeded to walk so unbelieveably slowly that we got quite cold. He also didn't trust our navigation as it wasn't what his GPS said (we went up the ridge, his GPS was directing him off the side of the ridge :-s not sure if he just didn't know how to use it or it wasn't very accurate). Every time we stopped to wait for him ( we felt obliged as we now had no visibility) he kept telling us how many fractions of a mile his GPS told him it was to the top. We didn't care how far it was to the top!! It has convinced me even more that I don't like GPS, and I might avoid randomers on the hill in future!
... not showing 26 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums