Walls & Training forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - My Finger Injuries And Rehab

cjd91 - on 10 Feb 2013
About 2 weeks ago now I injured the PIP joint on my middle finger, on both hands which is quite strange. The finger on my left hand is still slightly swollen but seems to be healing, however the finger on my right hand is still pretty bad. They are both super stiff in the morning but loosen up pretty quick as the day goes on. I have read into it a bit and all evidence seems to point to a collateral ligament injury. I am going climbing in Malta next month so I'm hoping I will be able to climb to a decent grade by then. In the mean time I am going to post on this thread every week about how my rehab has going and what I am doing. Not only will it help me keep track of my recovery but might help others who are suffering from the same injury.

This week:

This is the first week I have started being proactive. I thought by just resting my fingers for a week would be the best option. I have started taking 2 600mg ibuprofen tablets in the morning and in the evening before I go to sleep to try and reduce inflammation but I haven't seen any noticeable result yet. I have also started cold and warm water baths that Dave McLeod mentions on his blog. This seems to help the pain and reduce the stiffness in the morning. I am also doing finger rolls with 3/4 body weight on a campus rung just to get the finger working and get some blood flowing. I have also taken the opportunity to do more conditioning training down at my local climbing centre to keep active and maintain psyche levels.
... not showing 8 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums