UKC

The Iron Lady

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Trangia 11 Feb 2013
I watched this for the first time last night and hadn't realised what a sad film it was.
Graeme G 11 Feb 2013
In reply to Trangia:

Interestingly I posted something similar a few weeks ago. An excellent film. I was amazed that my post didn't result in the usual UKC hate/love Thatcher thread.
 Mark Collins 11 Feb 2013
In reply to Father Noel Furlong: Yes, excellent film. I watched it for the first time last year.
 Rampikino 11 Feb 2013
In reply to Trangia:

I can't deny that my own antipathy to the woman clouded any enjoyment of the film as a piece of entertainment.

I gradually drifted away from watching it and can't recall what happened in the last 30 mins.
OP Trangia 11 Feb 2013
In reply to Rampikino:
> (In reply to Trangia)
>
> >
> I gradually drifted away from watching it and can't recall what happened in the last 30 mins.

And in doing so you missed the saddest part!

Welsh Kate 11 Feb 2013
In reply to Trangia:

I was in tears at times, but because of the very sensitive, and to me very familiar, portrayal of someone with dementia. For me, the political retrospect was interesting but took second place to the story of someone once articulate, independent and very capable (however that capacity was used!) struggling with basic living.
 Steve John B 11 Feb 2013
In reply to Welsh Kate: Indeed. An excellent film.
 Yanis Nayu 11 Feb 2013
In reply to Trangia: Absolutely brilliant film. Incredibly sad, touching on life-long love, ambition, degenerative illness and the pressure of leadership.
Graeme G 11 Feb 2013
In reply to Welsh Kate:
> (In reply to Trangia)
>
> For me, the political retrospect was interesting but took second place to the story of someone once articulate, independent and very capable (however that capacity was used!) struggling with basic living.

Definitely the key message. As much as I would likely say i hate her and everything she stood for the film really captured the decline of a once very capable and driven person.
 pebbles 11 Feb 2013
In reply to Father Noel Furlong: I would feel more compassion for her now if she had not had so little compassion for others when she was in power.
 Dauphin 11 Feb 2013
In reply to Father Noel Furlong:

Hmmmn interesting. Not seen the film but looking back at old footage she comes across as not a little thick.

D

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...