UKC

Kandersteg - Drying Facilities

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 andyinglis 11 Feb 2013
Morning,

Quick question / info request! Planning on a few days in kandersteg this month and am interested in finding out about cheap accommodation, primarily for the use of effective drying rooms. i.e. not interested in places with rubbish drying rooms. Any worthwhile options? Or are the van heaters and extended cafe stops the way to go?

Cheers for any info.

Andy
 newhavennick 11 Feb 2013
In reply to andyinglis:
Hi Andy

There is a very good Scout Ass place there which has dorm rooms you can use (better if you were a scout)? We used it a few years ago for an ice climbing trip, its cheap (for SW) and has drying room etc.

http://www.kisc.ch/

Enjoy

Nick
OP andyinglis 11 Feb 2013
In reply to Nick: Cheers for the recommendation!
 edinburgh_man 11 Feb 2013
In reply to andyinglis:

+1 for the Scout centre.
 Little Brew 11 Feb 2013
In reply to andyinglis: another + for the scout centre. friend works there and 2 groups in my district were there last summer, Fab site.
 The Grist 11 Feb 2013
In reply to andyinglis: Are you planning on climbing ice? If so the conditions are very poor at the moment. I was there 5 days ago and left after an afternoon as it was so poor. It could come back into shape but I doubt it. There seemed nothing left to freeze. Cogne was excellent however and Gressonnay was pretty good.
OP andyinglis 11 Feb 2013
In reply to TheGrist: I think I met yourself or partner in cogne last week. Anyway, Kandersteg alpine centre gave a different assessment of current conditions.....

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...