UKC

Canon EOS 5D Mark III buying advice

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
estivoautumnal 12 Feb 2013
I'm about to buy a Canon EOS 5D Mark III with the 24-105mm lens. I've seen it advertised on Pro Camera Shop for 2400. Anyone have any experiences with this company? Good, bad or ugly? Other recommendations for online camera shops most welcome.
Thanks.
 Philip 12 Feb 2013
It's 2500 on that site and that is ex VAT and delivery isn't it?

I use this site to find the cheapest:
http://camerapricebuster.com/Canon_EOS_5D_Mark_III_+_24-105mm_Lens_pc.html
estivoautumnal 12 Feb 2013
In reply to Philip:

That will explain why it's so much cheaper. Thanks for the link.
In reply to estivoautumnal: I've been the proud owner of a 5D mkiii for a week now, bloody steep learning curve!

I boought and receieved, yesterday, a 17-40mm wide angle lens, I cannot wait to get out and use it!!

No real advice on purchasing it, as I bought the camera and lens from a guy here in Aus. I don't know if he delivers to the UK, but his service was perfect.

http://www.mycamerafocus.com.au/
 Ice Nine 14 Feb 2013
In reply to estivoautumnal:
> (In reply to Philip)
>
> That will explain why it's so much cheaper. Thanks for the link.

I have bought a few things from ProCameraShop including bodies and lenses, I decided they were OK as they had a contact number in Carlisle! The prices quoted are inc VAT and you get a 3% reduction if you do a bank transfer which makes your 5D Mk III about £2415.
 Nadir khan 15 Feb 2013
In reply to estivoautumnal: I bought my 5Diii from them , they're fine . No issues at all with the service and they are cheaper than most.
 Geoboy 19 Feb 2013
In reply to estivoautumnal: A few google searches should provide many positive reviews (and a few negative ones from muppets). For me their service was excellent and I wouldn't hesitate to use them again. Assuming you're happy to buy an imported body, I would recommend PCS - they keep you well informed of delivery, payment receipt etc. But note you won't get a warranty card, or VAT receipt as they are not VAT registered. Good luck with the mk III, looks awesome

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...