UKC

climbing gym in Nuneaton

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Rodrigo Motta 12 Feb 2013
Hi
I'm a climber from Rio de Janeiro, Brasil. And I will be staying in Nuneaton for 3 months. Is there any climbing gym nearby? If not the is any Bouldering area close to the city?

Thanks for helping
Rodrigo Motta
 Paul at work 12 Feb 2013
In reply to Rodrigo Motta:

Nuneaton, my home town. Not that much there for the climber to be honest, you will need to travel.

For indoor walls, you can head over to the The Tower on the edge of Leicester, The Bear Rock at the University of Warwick, Coventry and a whole host of walls in Birmingham.

There was an reasonably active mountaineering club in Hinckley, so it maybe worth dropping them an email to met up with some like minded individuals.

For outdoor climbing, there are some crags in Leicestershire, worth a visit in the evenings, during the summer months. For day trips you should be able to get up to the Peak District with ease.
Rodrigo Motta 19 Feb 2013
Thanks Paul
Rodrigo Motta 19 Feb 2013
I've been living in Rio for my whole life. And it's hard for me to even think of a place without any climbing spot.
Despite the lack of incentive of the government and the media, Rio de janeiro is one of the best places in the world to practice radical sports!
Removed User 19 Feb 2013
In reply to Rodrigo Motta:
> I've been living in Rio for my whole life. And it's hard for me to even think of a place without any climbing spot.
> Despite the lack of incentive of the government and the media, Rio de janeiro is one of the best places in the world to practice radical sports!

Nuneaton may be a disappointment to you then

TBF, the UK isn't very big in comparison to Brazil and has a huge diversity of climbing and other radical sports all within a relatively short distance. Just get out and explore and you will find what you are looking for.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...