Off Belay forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - UK Border Agency

mountainpunk - on 12 Feb 2013
My girlfriend is a US citizen who's just finished her degree over here, she's now got a job that pays her enough to allow her to apply for a work visa. She has stuck to all the rules governing necessary money in bank accounts, etc., filled in all the forms and sent her original documents (passport, bank statements, proof of degree) to UKBA.

She received a letter from them saying that they didn't have any of her documents and she needed to send them in or else they would reject her application.
However, she sent everything via Royal Mail Special Delivery and has the receipt and tracking number which suggest that the documents were signed for at the Border Agency office.
When she phoned them on the number they had provided on the letter to mention this she was told that the helpline could not put her through to the office that dealt with visa applications as they have no phone contact, nor could she e-mail or even fax them, the only option was to write a letter back.
She did this about 2 weeks ago and has received no further information either way.
The US embassy told her not to worry as the UK Border Agency are absolutely f*cking useless and will sort it out eventually.

Just wondering if anyone has had any dealings with the UKBA or any advice on what to do next?
... not showing 23 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums