UKC

Rjukan Gjestegård

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
BungleBear 12 Feb 2013
Anyone know if there are cooking facilities at Rjukan Gjestegård ?

I've e-mailed them but thought someone may be able to help whilst they reply

Cheers
 frqnt 12 Feb 2013
In reply to BungleBear:

Not that I recall from last March, there was an eating area but it was only open when breakfast was being served.

There is a lobby next to reception where I think there may have been a kettle.

There is always the burger joint across the car park on the high street.
 DeanD 12 Feb 2013
In reply to BungleBear:
I've just got back from rjukan and we used the hytteby. They were awesome, all the facilities
 ffdalton 12 Feb 2013
In reply to DeanD: I will second that
 mutt 12 Feb 2013
In reply to BungleBear
last year the guests kitchen was being converted into something else. We managed to get access to the main kitchen which was great but I don't know if those arrangements are ongoing. Best to give them a ring. they are very friendly.

the Gjestegard has an excellent dryingroom so you won't need to get into wet climbing stuff each morning. Also it is rather a magnet to norwegian teenage parties at the weekend which isn't much fun.
 gilliesp 12 Feb 2013
In reply to BungleBear: Just returned from there. Breakfast comes with the price of accommodation and you help yourself to ample food and drink for your lunch. We spent next to nothing on food. If you want to cook dinner there is a good dining kitchen they now use just seconds across the carpark. And it has a dishwasher! Food at Kiwi supermarket is 2 mins away and not expensive at all. Just don't eat out.
 gilliesp 13 Feb 2013
In reply to mutt: You sound like a right old codger. Some of us might want to party... However last weekend the party was for toddlers dressed in national costumes and their very fit maws! Most of the locals are friendly, helpful and respectful I've found.
BungleBear 13 Feb 2013
Thanks to all for your replies

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...