UKC

Reccomend me a homeopathey course!!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
andic 13 Feb 2013
I currently hold the highest UK qualification in reiki and will soon be opening my own clinic!!! but I would like too offer that little bit extra and was thinking that a 'complimentary" (geddit?) homeopathic coarse would be a really good "USP" for my business?!?

Anyone done this???

Jonny2vests 13 Feb 2013
In reply to andic:
> I currently hold the highest UK qualification in reiki and will soon be opening my own clinic!!!

Use the force Luke.
 Philip 13 Feb 2013
Start with something basic like a month long course, before working yourself up to a more intensive 5 minute course.
 Bimble 13 Feb 2013
In reply to andic:

Why not stay true to homoeopathy and just make up the qualifications too?
In reply to andic:

Ben Goldacre's book is a brilliant place to start
 off-duty 13 Feb 2013
In reply to andic:

In the traditions of homeopathy you don't want to do a course, what you need to do is speak to someone who's spoken to someone who's spoken to someone who's been on a course.
The more people in the chain distancing you from the actual course, the better the training you will receive
 Jonny2vests 13 Feb 2013
In reply to andic:

Excellent. Nobody is justifying this with a serious answer, so whether its a troll or serious, its a fail.
 Carolyn 13 Feb 2013
In reply to off-duty:
LOL, yes, that ought to be true....
In reply to jonny2vests:
> (In reply to andic)
>
> Excellent. Nobody is justifying this with a serious answer, so whether its a troll or serious, its a fail.

We wouldn't want to rub him up the wrong way now would we?

ALC
 Rampikino 13 Feb 2013
In reply to andic:

"The concept of ki underlying Reiki is speculative and there is no scientific evidence that it exists; a 2008 systematic review of randomised clinical trials concluded that "the evidence is insufficient to suggest that reiki is an effective treatment for any condition. Therefore the value of reiki remains unproven."[4] The American Cancer Society[5] and the National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine[6] have also found that there is no clinical or scientific evidence supporting claims that Reiki is effective in the treatment of any illness."

I'm guessing andic that you are a bit overqualified for Homeopathy.

Jonny2vests 13 Feb 2013
In reply to Rampikino:
> (In reply to andic)
>
> "The concept of ki underlying Reiki is speculative and there is no scientific evidence that it exists; a 2008 systematic review of randomised clinical trials concluded that "the evidence is insufficient to suggest that reiki is an effective treatment for any condition. Therefore the value of reiki remains unproven."[4] The American Cancer Society[5] and the National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine[6] have also found that there is no clinical or scientific evidence supporting claims that Reiki is effective in the treatment of any illness."
>
> I'm guessing andic that you are a bit overqualified for Homeopathy.

Woah, serious answer alert. Intruder Sector 7.
 Rampikino 13 Feb 2013
In reply to jonny2vests:

Ahhh come on! I threw in my "overqualified" line at the end. Doesn't that count???
 EeeByGum 13 Feb 2013
In reply to andic: You can never be as good as these chaps

youtube.com/watch?v=HMGIbOGu8q0&
 Toby S 13 Feb 2013
In reply to andic:

I think you have to read all the Harry Potter books backwards. Or was that for that thing where you have to cleanse Aurors
 Rampikino 13 Feb 2013
In reply to andic:

Get down to your nearest Night School where you can do all kinds of courses:

Spanish Level 1
French Level 2
Hocus Pocus and Mumbo Jumbo Level 3

Homeopathy for beginners (self taught module)
Advanced Homeopathy (Long Distance Learning only)
 Jonny2vests 13 Feb 2013
In reply to Rampikino:
> (In reply to jonny2vests)
>
>
> Ahhh come on! I threw in my "overqualified" line at the end. Doesn't that count???

Oh go on then
KevinD 13 Feb 2013
In reply to Toby S:

> I think you have to read all the Harry Potter books backwards. Or was that for that thing where you have to cleanse Aurors

i think that is to cure people from an addiction to the twilight series.
 toad 13 Feb 2013
In reply to Rampikino:
> (In reply to andic)
>
> "The concept of ki underlying Reiki is speculative and there is no scientific evidence that it exists....

Careful, he'll set his angels on you
 Doug 13 Feb 2013
In reply to andic: Tempting just to join those posting jokes (& homoeopathy certainly deserves its poor reputation IMHO) but if your serious, it'll take several years. I have a friend who 'qualified' a couple of years ago & I think she studied for something like 5 years
 The Lemming 13 Feb 2013
In reply to Doug:

She can't be that good then because Riki Master courses take a whole weekend to complete.
 gjt 13 Feb 2013
In reply to off-duty:
Surely to get the full effect he'd want to talk to someone who's never even discussed homeopathy, just drunk some water that passed through someone who had?
 toad 13 Feb 2013
In reply to Doug: If you water down the jokes, they will come back more powerful than you can possibly imagine
 john arran 13 Feb 2013
In reply to toad:

The official course involves 100 trainees at once but only teaches one of them, then one of the trainees is chosen at random to pass on the teachings to one of 100 others, ...
 PeterM 13 Feb 2013
In reply to The Lemming:
'Riki' ?.....Oh the Auror!......
 digby 13 Feb 2013
In reply to toad:
> If you water down the jokes, they will come back more powerful than you can possibly imagine

Like!
 Philip 13 Feb 2013
I have a friend who trained as a Kanic (spelling?). It's the mystical practice of manipulating Karma.

Anyway, I was having trouble getting started in the morning and he prescibed a treatment and it worked. So, my recommendation is you train as a Karma Kanic.

If it helps the treatment he used involved glow plugs.
 mark s 13 Feb 2013
In reply to andic: which ever value for money course you take.when you come to pay up just then them 10 pound note sized blank pieces of paper and tell them they have been in your wallet next to real money.
 krikoman 13 Feb 2013
In reply to Philip: get your coat...
 Route Adjuster 13 Feb 2013
In reply to Philip:
> I have a friend who trained as a Kanic (spelling?). It's the mystical practice of manipulating Karma.
>
> Anyway, I was having trouble getting started in the morning and he prescibed a treatment and it worked. So, my recommendation is you train as a Karma Kanic.
>
> If it helps the treatment he used involved glow plugs.

Best answer yet.....well done.
 Bulls Crack 13 Feb 2013
In reply to andic:
> I currently hold the highest UK qualification in reiki and will soon be opening my own clinic!!! but I would like too offer that little bit extra and was thinking that a 'complimentary" (geddit?) homeopathic coarse would be a really good "USP" for my business?!?
>
> Anyone done this???

That bit extra could be 'Slappra'

When folks come into your clinic you get up, approach them in a non-threatening way, but then slap them round the face for a bit saying 'Go away and learn some common sense' until they leave.
 The Lemming 13 Feb 2013
In reply to andic:

This is the most amusing troll OP in ages?

Knock once for yes, or twice for no.
 toad 13 Feb 2013
In reply to andic: No serious nibbles yet, but comgratulations on holding your nerve and not posting again on the thread. I'll take advice, but how does a 7 sound?
In reply to toad:

7 seems good, maybe even 8 considering the OP is a metallurgist.
 Reach>Talent 13 Feb 2013
In reply to andic:
Ok I think I can help:

My Aunt has a book on Homeopathy, I estimate it to be about A4 sized and at least half an inch thick. About 4 years ago I saw this book from a distance of a couple of feet away...

1/2" of paper is about 100 pages. So assuming it is double sided and 300 words per page that is about 60000 words. I saw the spine of this book which had somewhere in the region of half a dozen words on it. So I saw about 10000th of the information in the book. Since then I have been regularly hit against a bouldering pad (succussion as it is called by homeopaths) and have forgotten more, to the point where I feel I could be described as containing a roughly 3C potency of homeopathic knowledge and the MHRA couldn't prosecute me for it.

If you'd like to buy me a bottle of good gin and a new bouldering mat then I could probably forget a lot more. That'll be £300 for your initial consultation.

Mike
 Rampikino 13 Feb 2013
In reply to Turdus torquatus:
> (In reply to toad)
>
> 7 seems good, maybe even 8 considering the OP is a metallurgist.

In which case the OP should be taking a course on turning base metals into gold. Probably have better luck than homeopathy!
 Toby_W 13 Feb 2013
In reply to Philip:

Loving your work, first one was subtle

Cheers

Toby
In reply to andic:

I wouldn't recommend taking the A level course in homeopathy. It's been watered down.
 Rampikino 13 Feb 2013
In reply to andic:

Best thread in ages
 nw 13 Feb 2013
In reply to andic:
Philip, Off Duty, I salute you.
In reply to andic: Homoeopathy doesn't hold a candle to Hopi Healing.
KevinD 14 Feb 2013
In reply to stroppygob:

bach flower remedies have more spirit though.
 Dr.S at work 14 Feb 2013
In reply to andic:
I'd reccomend a Veterinary Homeopathy course - get away from all the negative prejudice and placebo and see the TRUE POWER!
 MonkeyPuzzle 14 Feb 2013
In reply to andic:

Just be aware that, amongst all the array of therapies out there, homeopathy is just a drop in the ocean.
 toad 14 Feb 2013
In reply to stroppygob:
> (In reply to andic) Homoeopathy doesn't hold a candle to Hopi Healing.

Pardon?

Poppy WHAT?

Can't hear, some silly bugger's stuffed a candle in my lughole
Jim C 14 Feb 2013
In reply to andic:
> I currently hold the highest UK qualification in reiki and will soon be opening my own clinic!!! but I would like too offer that little bit extra and was thinking that a 'complimentary" (geddit?) homeopathic coarse would be a really good "USP" for my business?!?
>
> Anyone done this???

You are just the guy I need :-
I have had this terrible neck pain problem for over thirty years and I have taken absolutly NOTHING for it, but it just does not seem to be getting better !
Any ideas what I am doing wrong ?

In reply to andic: Not far to go and he's reached the magical 100 posts. His nerves must be like steel, or perhaps he's got some patience potion?
 Reach>Talent 14 Feb 2013
In reply to TheDrunkenBakers:
His nerves must be like steel, or perhaps he's got some patience potion?

Tincture of Daily Mail is the best thing for reducing knee jerk reactions.

KevinD 14 Feb 2013
In reply to TheDrunkenBakers:
> (In reply to andic) Not far to go and he's reached the magical 100 posts.

its been called as a troll so fails and thats leaving aside it doesnt really seem to be a successful troll with people just using it for jokes.

Reach>Talent 14 Feb 2013
In reply to dissonance:
its been called as a troll so fails and thats leaving aside it doesnt really seem to be a successful troll with people just using it for jokes.

No need to dilute the value of this thread.

Yanis Nayu 14 Feb 2013
In reply to andic:
>
> Anyone done this???

Offering extras? I might be interested. Can you send me a photo?
KevinD 14 Feb 2013
In reply to Reach>Talent:

to bring down the tone slightly, this is a rather depressing story.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2013/feb/13/prince-charity-lobbied-g...
 toad 14 Feb 2013
In reply to dissonance: Ah, the homeopathic prince. The more you hear him, the less credible he becomes.

I'm sure he'd be very effective if we could succuss him a bit and then bury him with a cows horn full of poo (or is that for a biodynamic prince?)
 Jonny2vests 17 Feb 2013
In reply to andic:

I came across this robust and thorough treatment of how it works - quite enlightening actually:

http://www.howdoeshomeopathywork.com/

AdrianC 18 Feb 2013
In reply to jonny2vests: Fantastic!!
abseil 18 Feb 2013
In reply to jonny2vests:

Great site! More effective than any amount of waffling (I'm speaking as a waffling expert).
 freerangecat 18 Feb 2013
In reply to jonny2vests:
> (In reply to andic)
>
> I came across this robust and thorough treatment of how it works - quite enlightening actually:
>
> http://www.howdoeshomeopathywork.com/

Nice I probably shouldn't comment though as I have an appointment with a spiritual healer this morning! One of my Mum's friends goes and thinks he's great. I've been slightly bullied into going to see if he can help my post viral fatigue. I have a fairly open mind, but am still rather embarrassed to be going (I have a chemistry degree and PhD). Can't hurt but not expecting miracles (unlike my mother...)
 john arran 18 Feb 2013
In reply to freerangecat:

If you keep going for long enough it will probably work.

freerangecat 18 Feb 2013
In reply to john arran:

Yes! I wouldn't mind so much if my mother didn't keep saying things like "I know it sounds like I'm clutching at straws". I am getting better, slowly, following the doc's advice and a good dose of common sense, and comments like that just infuriate me!
KevinD 18 Feb 2013
In reply to freerangecat:

> I am getting better, slowly, following the doc's advice and a good dose of common sense, and comments like that just infuriate me!

you realise that the alt therapy fans will claim all the credit for your recovery having cunningly stepped in, when it sounds like, you are getting better anyway.
 freerangecat 18 Feb 2013
In reply to dissonance:

Yes, I do... I'll be another one of the guy's success stories to Mum and her friends regardless. Being honest for a minute, I'd be more open minded if those around me weren't so convinced that this was the The Answer. I'd be stupid if I said I didn't want to get some benefit from it, life's pretty rough at the moment, I'm just not expecting a miracle.
 Jonny2vests 18 Feb 2013
In reply to dissonance:
> (In reply to freerangecat)
>
> [...]
>
> you realise that the alt therapy fans will claim all the credit for your recovery having cunningly stepped in, when it sounds like, you are getting better anyway.

The placebo effects of intervention might help too.
 freerangecat 18 Feb 2013
In reply to jonny2vests:

So far I feel pretty tired and rotten (which may be the SH, the bad night's sleep last night, the fact I had little lunch (now rectified but v late), the £500 estimated elec bill waiting for me when I got home, a scary email from work, and/or the fact I often feel bad at the moment). Apparently if it worked I'll feel terrible in a couple of days too ("healing crisis"). No positive effects, placebo or otherwise, yet!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...