Walls & Training forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - fractured talus and bouldering

rob sykes - on 14 Feb 2013
afternoon all

i was wondering if ukc'ers could offer me any advice?

back in mid june i fractured my talus. i had surgery to put it back together and had a pin inserted. i was in plaster cast for eight weeks then a fetching plastic boot. after i was discharged in the autumn i did some very brief gentle running before deciding that the impact of running wasn't a good idea so soon. reluctantly i went to the dark side and joined a gym to do some low impact cardio work: cross trainer, bike, rowing etc.

now, my ankle is still a little stiff until i stretch it off but it feels ok. so, i've been considering doing some low level (in both grade and altitude) bouldering again. i'm a bit concerned that this could be tempting fate as the talus area could be permanently weak and any impact whether falling or dropping off could result in another fracture in this area.

i appreciate that it's impossible to give an exact answer as all injuries differ but from a forum search i know that there are other ukc'ers who've experienced similar fractures. all and any advice would be greatly appreciated.

cheers

rob
... not showing 2 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums