Off Belay forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - One Liner Needed

mypyrex - on 14 Feb 2013
One of the few things that I don't have in common with my brother in law is football. With him it's an obsession. Now he's a nice bloke and all that and I get on with him OK but such is his pre-occupation with football that if there is a match on tv it takes precedence over any social activities.

Now he knows that I have an intense loathing of football and generally he accepts that. However lately he has taken to making comments about it along the lines of(to me) "I bet you're realy excited about the (forthcoming) match" or "I bet your looking forward to seeing the match on tv". OK, such a remark once in a while can be laughed off but it's wearing a bit thin now that it's ann almost weekly thing.

I'm trying to thing of a comment that will send a message along the lines "OK I'm getting fed up with your silly comments" but I really don't want to upset him by being quite so blunt. Many UKCers are noted for their aptitude for one liners so I'd appreciate some help here.

Over to you.
... not showing 74 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums