Gear forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - KEEN shoes/boots - advice please

martinph78 on 14 Feb 2013
Hi all,

I have a voucher for KEEN footwear and would like some advice from those who wear them.

Firstly, are they any good (longevity wise and waterproofing)? I thought they only made sandles to be honest. I don't want sandles!

Secondly, I'm not sure what to go for. I need some hiking boots to replace my Meindls, but quite fancy an approach type shoe as I enjoyed last summer wearing trainers (LOADS lighter and faster and more breathable) for some easy scrambling and day walks so was thinking about an approach shoe for more of this type of use. I've always gone by the "ankle support/weatherproof" mantra of old, but actually find I roll my ankles MORE with boots than with trainers!

I'd still need a hiking boot though for some seasons/carrying loads. If their approach shoes are great but their hiking boots are rubbish, that'll make it easy.

Thirdly, size wise, I'm a UK8 with a broad foot. How do they come up on size? I'll try and find a stockist to try them but the order has to be direct with KEEN.

Just after some recommendations before my voucher expires.

... not showing 7 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums