/ Portland - blacknor north approach

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Wilbur - on 14 Feb 2013
Does anyone know the current state of this?

Cheers
dale1968 - on 15 Feb 2013
In reply to Wilbur: haven't been there, was at neddyfields and was dry underfoot and would usually be a mud fest
johnl - on 15 Feb 2013
In reply to Wilbur: I haven't been down there recently but sections of the cliff path just north of there are closed due to subsidence/rockfall. There have been lots of mud slides and rock falls from the slat bands at the top of the cliffs on the west side so if you do go down there take great care and LOOK UP to check the state of the cliff above, particularly the initial sector.
Wilbur - on 15 Feb 2013
In reply to johnl:

Thanks John, might be best to stay clear. How are blacknor south and battleship in comparison?
johnl - on 16 Feb 2013
In reply to Wilbur: There has been a mudslide over Battleship and from afar I could see a massive one over the Blacknor South/Far South area but I haven't been far a close inspection. Battleship back cliff area looked ok a couple of weeks ago.
Helen Heanes - on 16 Feb 2013
In reply to Wilbur:
Hi. Take care on the path into Battleship as that is starting to crack and slide.
A week ago the routes at both Battleship and Blacknor Far South were very wet.
H
Wilbur - on 18 Feb 2013
In reply to Helen Heanes:

Thanks for the heads up Helen. FC seems to indicate general dryness all this week in Portland so fingers crossed. Otherwise it's the bloody cuttings AGAIN!
Ramblin dave - on 23 Feb 2013
In reply to Wilbur:
Has anyone been around there in the last day or so? Is there anywhere to avoid in that sort of area at the moment?
Wilbur - on 24 Feb 2013
In reply to Ramblin dave:
> (In reply to Wilbur)
> Has anyone been around there in the last day or so? Is there anywhere to avoid in that sort of area at the moment?

We walked into battleship Saturday. The approach was fine and most of the routes were dry...

kingborris - on 24 Feb 2013
In reply to Wilbur:

Was at blacknor far south today. Access was very straight forward, and seemed to be for battleship too. Most of the paths are pretty dry now, just underneath the few areas of seepage are still a bit claggy. Cold though... Icicles on medusa falls!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.