UKC

advice needed

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 kjw1991 14 Feb 2013
I have a canon ixus compact that I like to use while out walking, however I never take it on a climb as I am always to worried about dropping it. Has anyone got any advice about securing to a harness. Would it be ok to just put a small biner onto the wrist loop. My concern with that is how strong is the wrist loop?

Does anyone else have an tried and tested solutions for attaching a camera to harness?
 Blue Straggler 14 Feb 2013
In reply to kjw1991:

Those wrist loops are very strong (the attachment lug will probably break before the wrist strap snaps) but a bit short - sounds like you'd have to keep unclipping it in order to be able to take a photo. If you want it clipped to your harness just get some 2mm accessory cord, ditch the wrist strap, and sort out the right length of cord, and thread it through whatever lug there is on the camera, and tie off with a knot of your choice. Remember, compact cameras don't weigh much so it's not like you need an attachment that'll take 15kN!

2mm cord is the way forward though, as you can do whatever you want with it.
Paul035 14 Feb 2013
In reply to kjw1991:

I take same camera out with me. As above use 2mm chord, but larks foot it onto the wrist loop, worn round my neck but stored in jacket chest pocket, so no worries about dropping it when I take it out to take pics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...